VanBuren

Router reviews

94 posts in this topic

yeah that is one thing that I dont like about the netgear.. the install is really annoying..  Glad you like it.. what was your speed on the Linksys again??

I got:

Cable Modem: Linksys Model #: BEFCMU10 Ver.2.  Cost about $70.00

Router: Linksys Model #: WRT54GS              Cost about $90.00

Never had probelms with neither of them

melissaannecarroll likes this

Ill second this. Same router, absolutely love it. Especialy with the new cisco firmware :)

works fine for me, no slow speeds...

i normaly install a linksys wrt56g makesure you turn on wireless encryption so nighbors wont use it, i seen this even in small towns , nighbors that steal internet access

I have Dlink 604, is it old? Here what it says when I go in it. Gives you an idea of it. The DI-604 is an Ethernet Broadband Router ideal for home networking and small business networking. The setup wizard will guide you to configure the DI-604 to connect to your ISP (Internet Service Provider). The DI-604's easy setup will allow you to have Internet access within minutes.

I'm running a Netgear RP614 V.2 When i first got it, it had a problem holding a 1500 MTU but I did a firmware upgrade and it's been as solid as a rock since.........Very good router !

Netgear WGR101

Got it for $10.. hate this piece..  Getting it to work for once connection.. awesome! 2 connection pain in the ass.  The real funny thing is that it didnt ship with the latest firmware update on it. 

I have the  microsoft mn-700.

router

firewall

switch

wireless base (g)

I have had a few problems like when I try to download torrent for over 2 hrs. the router will crash.

Overall its good  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: ou of  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

PS Im getting a Zyxel router now it will work out better for my gaming.

I have a Linksys WRT54G router and for the most part it works well. However, I have experienced a problem recently. It slows down to almost nothing (as slow as 5Kbps). My satellite provider ran some tests, replaced the radio and that didn't fix the problem. But when he powered down the router and powered it up again, it began to work properly. I have had to do this a few times since. Does anyone know what the cause of this problem is?

I use a Linksys BEFSR81 8-port router and use a Linksys WAP-11 access point for my wireless.

Have been using both for about 7 years now and have never had any problems to speak of except when there is a power outage or a brownout, then I have to reset everything. As long as you keep the firmware updated and the units stay reasonably cool they perform very well.

in the past i used a linksys bfsr41 but i switched to the d-link dss-5+5 switch i must say the new switch is great, all networked pc's get full speed with no congestion i couldn't ask for a better switch and it was only $23.00 at bestbuy

went back to my D-Link 604 4 Port Router{updated firmware to work with ps2/x-box online} after the network everywhere wired router i had flaked out after 5 months of use{$40 bucks wasted on that}

the d-link has been fine,but it seems for an odd reason it will just reset itself sometimes for no reason,meanwhile after that i check to see if the settings that i have are still in it and they are. i'm guessing there is dirt in the A/C plug.

but other then that,it's a good router for beginnings and works well with Azuerus{unlike the network everything,which wouldn't allow the port Azuerus needed to work even though it was opened i would still get an error from Azuerus saying the port is block}

good buy for $20 bucks.using the onboard nic{MSI Delta2 LSR NForce2}

I thought I had tried them all, routers that is, until tonight. I went to compusa and picked up the Zyxel p-334wt 802.11g 125Mbps router. So far I have had great coverage and speed throughout my home and the features of it are amazing. When I first connected to the router I was blown away by the gui and all the configurations I could make. I definitely rate this router over any other that I have ever used. I highly recommend this to anyone in need of a great wireless router, even if you don't need wireless all the features you get is worth it. Oh yea my favorite feature of all, the price, its only 69.99 no rebates or anything just 70 bucks and you get a sweet home network setup.

http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1102502636&indexFlagvalue=1021876908

im very happy with my D-link DGL-4300

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=370&#DGL-4300

VanBuren :)

I want that!

I have...

D-Link 624

From Verizon w/ their firmware on it.

Good things-

-Fast...So far all other routers I have tried have crashed with the Fios 30/5...

-Reliable..No major problems..No crashes..

-Relatively easy to configure..

Bad Things-

-Will not allow enough ports to be forwarded for certain games, and requires you to be in the DMZ to function correctly(this is reason I would like to change it out)

-DMZ