Radeon X1900XT (R580) is kicking butt!

organ_shifter

i believe the 1900XT will be slightly better than the 7800gtx 512mb. But not much. Only time will tell tho.

That couldn't be more true. The X1800XT scored just as well as the 7800GTX 512MB as a single card, and with SLI & Crossfire going head to head. The 7800GTX was a little faster at higher resolutions, but it has been beaten by the X1800XT on several tests at lower resolutions. I don't see it matching the X1900XT.

That BFG 7800GTX OC has a lower overclocked core than all three of the X1900's, and the stock, memory clock speed on both X1900XT models are not too far away from the BFG card's memory while overclocked (let alone the X1900XTX). Once you overclock the X1900XT(X), Nvidia's flagship will crumble.

That couldn't be more true. The X1800XT scored just as well as the 7800GTX 512MB as a single card, and with SLI & Crossfire going head to head. The 7800GTX was a little faster at higher resolutions, but it has been beaten by the X1800XT on several tests at lower resolutions. I don't see it matching the X1900XT.

That BFG 7800GTX OC has a lower overclocked core than all three of the X1900's, and the stock, memory clock speed on both X1900XT models are not too far away from the BFG card's memory while overclocked (let alone the X1900XTX). Once you overclock the X1900XT(X), Nvidia's flagship will crumble.

like i said i wouldnt be set on a concrete answer untill I saw some reall benchies, here are some http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028888072&postcount=19

1900XT beats 7800GTX 512mb in all but a couple tests. Just dont think its worth the price tag, I will be waiting for the r600/g80 lineup later this year. Also when the 7900's come out they will put 1900XT to shame and take the crown back, its a rollercoaster!!!

Those benchemark results show how amazing the X1900XT(X) is. The single X1900XTX model scored just as well as the 7800GTX 512MB in SLI mode on certain tests.

Nvidia's 7900 series cards will really have be a monsters just to match the scores of the X1900XT Crossfire right now being that it crushed the 7800GTX 512MB easily. If not, ATI will further capitalize on their reign with the R600 core.

The moment of truth has arrived. ATI has successfully taken back it's throne. The X1900XT(X) cards are doing things that the 7800GTX 512MB cards can't do period. That's just simply amazing!

Today, Ati has launched the new X1900XT series and together with it a virtual tidal-wave of reviews have hit the world wide web. Now, the R580 core (and its performance) can finally be revealed to all of us mortals.

You can witness ATi's new 'frame-killer' (and money-grabber) in reviews over @

OCWorkbench

- The Radeon X1900 series sets the new standard for high-end gaming GPU performance. It is the first series of PC graphics products to feature 48 pixel shader processors, twice as many as any previous technology. The Radeon X1900 has over 380 million transistors, the design is able to combine all of the key innovations of the Radeon X1000 series (including Ultra-Threading, HDR with Anti-Aliasing, image quality improvements, Avivo video & display technologies, and more) with massively increased shader processing power and other interesting new features like Fetch4 shadow map acceleration. -

Guru3D

Splinter Cell 3 CT - Well what do you know, it seems the X1900 XTX likes complex IQ settings also. We measured with 16 levels of AF enabled and had the uber-challenging HDR settig activated here. With such settings you normally need to stick at 10x7 with a midrange card if it can even handle it. High-end cards show magnificent performance and the XTX can do it up-to 1920x1200 with a fantastic 54 FPS.

That's really breathtaking performance. -

AnandTech

- The resounding victory of the X1900 XTX over the 7800 GTX 512 in almost every performance test clearly shows how powerful a part we are playing with. Clearly NVIDIA has been dethroned and will have a difficult time regaining its performance lead. But the more these two companies can leap-frog eachother, the happier we get. -

Tech Report (GeForce lovers :))

- Then again, maybe I need to get over it. The Radeon X1900 XTX spots the GeForce 7800 GTX 512 advantages in both memory bandwidth and multitextured fill rate, yet the XTX still comes out on top in overall performance. It does so while consuming less power at idle and only a little bit more under load than the GTX 512. Even if we haven't tapped all of the R580's potential just yet, we've tapped enough to see that it's the best thing going right now. -

HardOCP

- If you want the fastest performing video cards right now that provide the highest level of image quality in games, it doesn

still dont think its worth it as in a couple months nvidia will lauch the 7900's and in a little over a half a year the real next gen will be out. save ur money and wait. A 7800gt will do u just fine in any game untill then. But then again there are the rich people and the people that like to spend money on computer parts whenever they want.