Vista Beta 2 to be public today!

dlewis23

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll work from DAEMON Shug. :) That's how I use to install the 2004 Longhorn and beta1 versions of Vista.

After creating a different partition, most of the install took place right from Windows. Once the system rebooted, the install must have had all of the necessary files needed to continue on the partition already. I can't remember if it picked up right before the welcome screen or not, but it did work. :) It forces a dual boot with XP though.

I burn the .iso to a DVD now, but before the burner, that was my only choice.

I use 5384.4 as my main OS and it's great. :) Everything that I need for daily use works better than average.

I've also attached a tweak guide for Vista. It's not my work and I forgot where I picked it up from (x64bit.net, Flexbeta, or TweakVista), but it works great when you know what you're doing.

im not gonna bother , its gonna take too long with my connection.  It would be nice if you could request a dvd and get it in the mail in a reasonable amount of time but microsoft is too cheap to do that.

You can order the Windows Vista Beta 2 and RC1 DVD kits from the following link. Scroll the page half way down and you'll see it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

EDIT: Directly below the order information, you will need to follow the Download Windows Vista Beta 2 to get your key. The key you enter determines what version of Vista installs on you system.