Verizon Increases Speeds AGAIN!!!

SuperG03

Man, Verizon has just increased its speeds again for FIOS.  My friend, who lives in NY, just showed me what he could get.  He decided on the 20/5, but man oh man 50 down is just ridiculous.

If anyone has this, please post some speed tests.  Especially try http://speedtest.verizon.net and choose the appropriate speed tier.  I just hope Verizon hurries up and makes these speeds available in my area (TX).  Here they don't even have 20/5 yet.  They have 30/5 for like $180, which is just crazy.  Loving the push to 100 Mbits down.  :lol:

SuperG03

they have such a nice price on that 20/5mbps connection, i want it so bad. verizon is just kicking ass.

just let it become avaliable in the village of death known as sarasota and il fuckjin order it myself.

Man, Verizon has just increased its speeds again for FIOS.  My friend, who lives in NY, just showed me what he could get.  He decided on the 20/5, but man oh man 50 down is just ridiculous.

If anyone has this, please post some speed tests.  Especially try http://speedtest.verizon.net and choose the appropriate speed tier.  I just hope Verizon hurries up and makes these speeds available in my area (TX).  Here they don't even have 20/5 yet.  They have 30/5 for like $180, which is just crazy.  Loving the push to 100 Mbits down.  :lol:

SuperG03

i had this posted a while ago and adds more info if you didnt see it already :)

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-15189

who needs 50 mb unless there is 10 people on comps at your house but in the link i posted there is a 10 mb upload and 35 mb download which i think is perfect

I agree, I would much rather take the possibility of 10 Mbits up rather than 50 Mbits down.  I think 30/10 or even 20/10 would be absolutely amazing.  I doubt Verizon will offer that type of up on a residential line without a substantial fee, but heres hoping they do.

SuperG03

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a promotion for new and existing customers switching or subscribing to FIOS from  DSL or another ISP  here in Maryland.   $59.95 for the first 6 months for the 30/5 package and $39.95  for the 15/2 package.

MARYLAND?!?!?!?!

I live in md, i wonder if it is available on delmarva yet....

• 7 months later...

Damn I wish someone would compete with fios in my area.  I was in one of the first areas to get fios in Texas and my speed is 15/2 and hasn't changed.  Can't really complain though, 15/2 is way more then I need, so I guess I should just be happy to have fios at all.  :smitten:

We were paying $54 for the 30/5 for almost 2 years  :idiot2: , as an intro offer...

But, unfortunately, we had to drop the 30/5 to get the "triple play" offer with the Fios tv, phone, and internet, which includes 20/5.  I'll take the -10 to ditch Cablevision for good.. I actually get the full 20/5.

Finally got that cable drop removed the other day.  We no longer are attached to Cablevision in any way.

We have had the Fios 2 years now, and still have yet to have an outage/slow down.

Yeah fios is amazing, I've been up and running on it now for over 2 years i guess.  I have never had a slow down in speed either up or down.  I did experience a couple of  outages. Once when my cable got kinked when my neighbor got his install.  They had to re-run a new cable and the second time is when my ONT went bad. 

The said part about all of this is that China, Japan, and other eastern countries have full port speed connections.. that would 100/100 fiber.  The problem is that the government, the US government, doesn't give the big telcos any tax breaks for laying fiber.. So not only are they paying for the equipment but they are not getting any tax breaks for doing so.  Verizon is doing this so that they are ahead of the market..  Comcast cant compete in FIOS areas..

The worst comparison is in the newest and shiniest broadband technology: Fiber. In Japan NTT residential connection (100 Mbps down/up) costs $49 a month. In US, Verizon FiOS (30 megabits down/5 megabits up) costs $191.20.

That is of this year.. http://gigaom.com/2007/07/13/oecd-report-in-us-broadband-is-really-expensive/