Post your speed and how much you pay monthly

V

18 minutes ago, Pgoodwin1 said:

Same here on RR and Spectrum. I have a 100/10 plan with Ectrum now and most of the time I'm getting about 115/10. 

Your tests to thw NY server shows good speed - a little higher than the 200 plan number (like mine's a little higher than the 100 plan number). You'd likely get less speed and consistency testing from where you are to Dallas. You might try the Miami test server; it may show a little better results than the Dallas server. 

When I use OOKLA speedtest.net,  you can see that the download immediately pegs at 10, the goes up to 75, 100 and finally hits the 200 mark and a little over just at the end of the three second test. With that result, Spectrum/TW, says there you go! 200 MB.  But what I'm seeing is 10 committed and a burst to 200MB. I wish that I could make a test that can show me the committed and the peak.  I should always have my 200 and then if available a bursting rate above that.  

10 minutes ago, OhNoMrBi11 said:

When I use OOKLA speedtest.net,  you can see that the download immediately pegs at 10, the goes up to 75, 100 and finally hits the 200 mark and a little over just at the end of the three second test. With that result, Spectrum/TW, says there you go! 200 MB.  But what I'm seeing is 10 committed and a burst to 200MB. I wish that I could make a test that can show me the committed and the peak.  I should always have my 200 and then if available a bursting rate above that.  

Depending on the time of day, you should see a fairly flat line to your New York TestMy server. The TestMy rssukts are more real world than OOKLA Speedtests. 

Go go to the Results link. In the table, select a download speed in the TID (test in-process data) column. It will show you what speeds were sustained during that test and how much variation there was.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:10 AM, OhNoMrBi11 said:

Greetings,

not really sure sure about this. Suppose to get 200mb down and 20 up.  It seems that I reall have 25 down and burst to over the 200 mark.  Wish I could download 50gig and see what happens.  

My test results. 

https://testmy.net/db/XoSKB9iC6

Bill

The lowest speeds you got were while you were using a test server in Tokyo.  Discarding those, the rest average out in the mid 100s.  This is only going by two days of tests, though, of course.  

2 hours ago, Pgoodwin1 said:

Depending on the time of day, you should see a fairly flat line to your New York TestMy server. The TestMy rssukts are more real world than OOKLA Speedtests. 

Go go to the Results link. In the table, select a download speed in the TID (test in-process data) column. It will show you what speeds were sustained during that test and how much variation there was.

Thank you!  That TID is very telling. I tried a couple tests and the TID was a line that started high and flatlined or started low, very low and went up.  I'm thinking that tomorrow I'm phoning Spectrum and lowering my speed to 100.  

13 hours ago, OhNoMrBi11 said:

Thank you!  That TID is very telling. I tried a couple tests and the TID was a line that started high and flatlined or started low, very low and went up.  I'm thinking that tomorrow I'm phoning Spectrum and lowering my speed to 100.  

Before changing from the 200/20 plan, I would do some more testing here on TestMy. Try the Auto Test a few times over a few days to see how things do versus time of day. Try to build yourself a database of results that indicate whether you can hope to see 200 Mbps consistently or not, and at what time of day it actually reaches the 200 average. If the average of all your testing is down closer to 100, then you can decide if it's worth the extra $ for the 200/20 plan.

If possible, do some testing via Ethernet to see if the wireless results are equivalent. Plugging an Ethernet cable directly from the computer to the router would be ideal to do the baseline system capability.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.  I haven't forgotten my favorite speed demons....LOL.
Here is the latest in my long line of test arguments that I will be demanding credits off of my bill for.
100mbps?  Not once.  Not ever.  Comcast/Xfinity refuses to accept testing from any site, with the exception of their rigged test now.  Here is my latest test:
https://testmy.net/quickstats/Data_Addict

I am getting 3.01 Mbps download and 727 kbps upload for $41 a month with Fairpoint.  I am waiting to see if their recent merger with Consolidated Communications will make things better or worse.  Some years ago, I was paying $25 a month for what seemed like faster service.  That was with a small local company which I had to leave when I moved out of their area.

On 8/20/2017 at 0:23 PM, Rustcrew said:

$49.95 a month SzbP_MoY5.png Money well spent.

That is some fast download - where are you? the US?

Im in Taiwan I pay about the same as you do but my internet comes through a 4G wingle and I live way out in the hills so our receptions not too good, my speed ranges from about 6 to 12 Mbps - I have taken the wingle into the city and it gets 50 Mbps there which I think is hitting the devices limit.

Comcast speeds and pricing seem to vary widely, depending on where you are located.  I just checked, and here I can only get "up to" 10 Mbps  for $49.95 per month with a 1000GB data cap.  $87.95 will get me "up to" 100Mbps.  Of course they don't ever give you any guaranteed "down to" speeds.  That price also does not include their $500.00 installation fee or unknown monthly charges for "taxes and fees".  But then, until mid 2011, my only option was dial-up.  I guess that's the price I pay for living away from any urban area.

• 1 month later...

:::.. Internet Speed Test Result Details ..:::
Download Connection Speed:: 20712 kbps or 20.7 Mbps 
Download Speed Test Size:: 17.9 MB or 18368 kB or 18808832 bytes
Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 2589 kB/s or 2.6 MB/s
Upload Connection Speed:: 2165 kbps or 2.2 Mbps 
Upload Speed Test Size:: 1.3 MB or 1280 kB or 1310720 bytes
Upload Binary File Transfer Speed:: 271 kB/s
Timed:: Download: 7.265 seconds

Monthly of 40$. LTE. Phils. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, debbie53 said:

I am getting 3.01 Mbps download and 727 kbps upload for $41 a month with Fairpoint.  I am waiting to see if their recent merger with Consolidated Communications will make things better or worse.  Some years ago, I was paying $25 a month for what seemed like faster service.  That was with a small local company which I had to leave when I moved out of their area.

Wow! Those are the almost exact speeds I was getting with AT&T here in Florida paying $46 a month. Pretty slow & pretty expensive. I switched to Comcast & now pay $49 a month and have been getting 66.9/5.6 consistently with spikes of 75(depending on time of day). Hopefully the merger you speak of will make a big difference. Good Luck! 

18 hours ago, LionBill said:

Wow! Those are the almost exact speeds I was getting with AT&T here in Florida paying $46 a month. Pretty slow & pretty expensive. I switched to Comcast & now pay $49 a month and have been getting 66.9/5.6 consistently with spikes of 75(depending on time of day). Hopefully the merger you speak of will make a big difference. Good Luck! 

From what I see, Comcast has an internet plan for "up to" 10 Mbps for $49.95 a month, after a 12 month promo, with the disclaimer "not all plans available in all areas".  To find out what speed I could expect for what price, I would have to give them my exact street address, which I will not do, because I don't want to be hounded by their sales representatives.

Pricing and speed seem to vary with location, with rural areas being more expensive with slower speeds, due to the cost of the infrastructure in relation to the number of customers served per square mile.  I have to drive about seven miles in one direction or twenty in the other to get a cell phone signal, so I guess it isn't surprising that the internet is slow.

And no, I didn't see any increase in speed after the merger, but at least it didn't go down.