The Car Thread

amc11890

of course we believe you  :haha:

cool cool i was worried that i'd have to prove it :P which of course i could if i had to and wanted to :D...glad that won't be necessary

I believe you too. By the way what was the name of the bridge you got for sale? :haha:

that would be the "bridge the gap" suspension bridge...sways gently with every soft breeze that whispers by...quite a deal for the price...and i'll throw in the glycerin and mineral hot springs below for free  :cool:

tdawnaz;Thanks for not bruising our delicate male egos.  :lol:

yeh i'm real sensitive to that...try to stroke with a feather soft touch at all times...shhhhh...someone's sleeping  ;)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No resopalrabotnick I don't Roco posted the car I just reconized it as a Messerschmitt because I had looked at some 3-wheelers a while back.I found the term kabinenroller when I was making sure thats what it was & finding the model.

But I will take a guess since Messerschmitt made aircraft I bet it came from that.Either a nickname for the canopy or maybe a tail gunner turret.

Just a bit of motoring news from the UK, The A.A. (not alco. anom. :lol:) Automobile Association ,have done a survey in London on garage charges for service or repair ,

some are charging $312 per hour  :whaa:

makes my $42 p.h. look to cheap  :cry: mind you many of the cars I work on are not worth  $300  :roll:,

my first car was a 1963 rambler american...won some sort of award that year...i was 10 when my parents bought it new...so it was 6 yrs old by the time i got to drive it legally...i learned to drive in that car when i was 13...out in the desert at first...3 speed on the column...baby blue...i loved that car...

now don't laugh but...another fav car that i've had over the years was my chevette...i loved it so much i bought another...82 and 83 i think...stop laughing...great little cars...they just keep going long after they sould be dead...actually my daughter was the one that wanted the second one when she was 16...she liked mine...lasted her a couple of years til she blew it up...forgot all the fluids one summer...and let some guy spray her engine down with cold water to cool it down...warped her head...bye bye cute little car...so i gave her mine :P

I don't have anything bad to say about the old Ramblers.I almost bought one for my first car.I found a 1961 Ford I liked better.

That's not the vehicle I learned to drive in though.I learned to drive in a 1941 Chevrolet pickup of my granddads.

On the Chevette most owners of this car were not as lucky as tdawnaz.Some should have came painted lemon yellow.

I sort of understand though i had a Pinto I really liked & it ran forever.I sold it still running.With a lot of hard miles put on it by me.Last time I saw itwas in a wrecking yard about a year after I sold it.& yes I'm sure it was my old Pinto.It had a custom paint job in it's better days so there was no mistaking it.

my first car was a 1963 rambler american...won some sort of award that year...i was 10 when my parents bought it new...so it was 6 yrs old by the time i got to drive it legally...i learned to drive in that car when i was 13...out in the desert at first...3 speed on the column...baby blue...i loved that car...

rambler great car, they would last forever if you took care of them.

now don't laugh but...another fav car that i've had over the years was my chevette...i loved it so much i bought another...82 and 83 i think...stop laughing...great little cars...they just keep going long after they sould be dead...actually my daughter was the one that wanted the second one when she was 16...she liked mine...lasted her a couple of years til she blew it up...forgot all the fluids one summer...and let some guy spray her engine down with cold water to cool it down...warped her head...bye bye cute little car...so i gave her mine :P

Im sorry i cant stop laughing, a chevette  :haha: :haha: sorry tdawnaz

My first car was a 1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 that i got from my borther who got it from my dad. I learned to drive on my dads 69 pontac GTO with a 2 speed trans, and a Super Tempest 389 V8 motor. god i loved that car.

OK, I started to post this last night, but for some reason I was having trouble getting into TMN. Another pic of the boat car, probably a dead giveaway. Except the year, which I would personally find hard to figure out myself.

On the Chevette, they were heavy little cars ( I had to push my girlfriends one time by hand) and not bad on gas. A 4X4 pu rearended it to finish it off. (no not mine) Otherwise it was a pretty good little car. I just hate 4 cylinder cars.

By the way it was a production vehicle.