Gaming on Xplornet Wireless

Axellion

I just wish I could get something stable 24/7. 1500/384 would be fine if it worked, and was reasonable.  :undecided:

man, i wish i could get something crappy.. like 256/56... man.. that would be so awesome.. heck, throw in some high pings.. maybe.... eh... 900?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently I have one of the Wireless packages, and have found thats some games work and some dont like to work. Counterstrike for example works fine with little lag, but for some reason it does not like ffxi. I do not know if this is a problem with ISP blocking ports or if my netgear router just does not like the apps. I've read somewhere that you do not need a router to hook up a single pc to xplornet's service but with what technical knowledge I do have I cant see this working. Has anyone infact tried it or am I waisting my time trying? Thanks.

Currently I have one of the Wireless packages, and have found thats some games work and some dont like to work. Counterstrike for example works fine with little lag, but for some reason it does not like ffxi. I do not know if this is a problem with ISP blocking ports or if my netgear router just does not like the apps. I've read somewhere that you do not need a router to hook up a single pc to xplornet's service but with what technical knowledge I do have I cant see this working. Has anyone infact tried it or am I waisting my time trying? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Caius.  :wave::welcome:

First of all it should not hurt a thing to run without a router in between you and the internet. Try it both ways, nothing will blow up.  :wink: You have my promise.

• 2 years later...

If you have not asked for a static IP, then that is your problem. Their NAT doesn't like games that much. Once you get rid of one of them with the static IP then you will see better pings <100ms for the most part.

The 3.5 works better for pings due to interference with 900/2.4 systems. I saw a guy with the Small Biz on 3.5 and he was getting 5.4mbps down and 1.2mbps up.

• CA3LE locked this topic