HN7000S Page cannot be displayed

vbroadway

I upgraded from the DW4000 to the HN 7000S. I was told the DW4000 would soon be obsolete and my download weren't much better than dial up. So, now I've shelled out over $500.00 for the "best". My download speed are usually around 550, sometimes better, sometimes worse. The main problem I'm having is "page cannot be displayed" on many websites. The tech service guy, that I could barely understand had me change the proxy settings, this seemed to work at the time, but I'm still having problems. The installer said it was probably the ethernet card in my computer, so another $114.00 later, he installed it and I still have the same problems. So, now he says it's probably the site's security and to get in touch with them. It happens that most of the sites are credit cards, car insurance, hughesnet and direcway.

I read the post from pyronut and didn't see that the problem was resolved. I have emptied my cache, defragged and checked for spyware. All clean.

Any suggestions? I hate paying for something I'm not getting.

On my computer at work I did a speedtest and got 43066 Kbps, it's DSL. I would like to get DSL, but I live in the boonies. My installer told me DSL wouldn't be any faster. I find that hard to believe.

I upgraded from the DW4000 to the HN 7000S. So, now I've shelled out over $500.00 for the "best". My download speed are usually around 550, sometimes better, sometimes worse. The main problem I'm having is "page cannot be displayed" on many websites.

Any suggestions? I hate paying for something I'm not getting.

You said you upgraded, $500, you must have gotten a whole new system and not an upgrade. I still use my 4000 dish and LNB, I have only upgraded my modem ($49.99) and I just recently changed out my transmitter.

Do you know what sat you are on and frequency, signal strength etc.? This can be found at http://192.168.0.1/ which the installer should have shown you. Posting system information do not include your SAN and Site ID. Post transmission and receive errors under those buttons and signal strength under System Status.

Sometimes errors are from a marginally pointed setup.

I had the same problem when I upgraded to the HN7000S from the DW4000. Be sure you have deleted the old proxy settings, for the DW4000. I was getting no DNS with Firefox and windows. When you removed DW4000 software it does not remove the proxy settings. 

vbroadway...welcome to the site.....and if you could ....when a page fails to load .....would you look at the address bar at the top of your browser and see if it's a secure site that is failing...would start with https:........instead of just http:... [nerdly]

Yes, most of the sites are secure. Some secure sites do open, though.

OK....let me do some digging after bit and I'll try to find you a cure.....I had that issue also when I changed over....I'll find the topic.. :wink:

On my computer at work I did a speedtest and got 43066 Kbps, it's DSL. I would like to get DSL, but I live in the boonies. My installer told me DSL wouldn't be any faster. I find that hard to believe.

First off vbroadway I would like to tell you your installer bold faced lied to you. Are you still in your 30 days from original install? You can still back out if you wish. You could used all but hte modem to redo for $59.95.

And that said, DSL 1.5 blows DWay out of the water. Almost anything except dial-up does.  :evil6: After that line he should have to change his shorts. Because he is full of something.

So you did try restarting the modem?

When the installer came,he had me uninstall everything that had to do with the DW4000. I thought I did, but what proxy settings do I need to remove?

You need to remove the old DW4000 proxy.  I removed all of the DW4000 files too. But when you do the uninstall it does not remove the proxy.  But when I finally got to upper level support they had me go to my proxy settings and remove all and then it worked. Try deleting all proxy settings and see what happens.