Post your EVDO speeds. No, not DSL.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that I found the sweet spot for my card just as you had to in the beginning. Works well doesn't it Tommie. :grin2:

:afro: Yep, good shit compared to dway. And if I wanted, I can put it anywhere in the house, or travel with it. Not that I do, but if I wanted to I could. So did you end up using an antennae?

:afro: Yep, good S#!t compared to dway. And if I wanted, I can put it anywhere in the house, or travel with it. Not that I do, but if I wanted to I could. So did you end up using an antennae?

I got the antenna and finally found a spot to get me an excellent for the signal status but that is only from the routers interpretation, don't know the actual signal numeral, but it is great. :smiley:

Guest jeffwalker9999

Good Bye Satellite and Hello Cellular Data ! !

Sprint Evdo

Las Vegas Nevada

Adverage connect speeds are::

Download 620 to 1900 K a sec

Upload 350 to 520 K a sec

$62.57 a month

So far biggest speed difference was to use a different dns server

I like www.opendns.com service

and I did change the settings as said in this url

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2001.html

Also the signal received does make a big issue in the connect speeds

more signal better connect speeds

Cablenut and other tools - really made no difference - as a heads up

Sprint is the fastest network from hands on usage and tests of all the others

I have been using EVDO hands on now from Aug 2006 to Current

So if have questions or need help Pm me

Also::

I did get it to work with the peer to peer (freeware) service myself and other are using

Info @ http://web-freebies.com/Join_Our_P2P_Network

I moved the phone and now has 3 bars alittle of an increase

Download Speed: 754 Kbps (94.3 kB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 127 Kbps (15.9 kB/sec transfer rate)

C:Documents and SettingsJustin Lay>ping testmy.net

Pinging testmy.net [67.18.179.85] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=134ms TTL=50

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=50

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=134ms TTL=50

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=118ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 67.18.179.85:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 118ms, Maximum = 134ms, Average = 126ms

No i just moved the phone to a different location on the desk. I also have a hill in between me and the tower. Im only about a 1/2 mile from it.  When im in a major city i see over 1.0Mb/s

Yes I went through all that with my Linksys router and card. I can't see the actual signal but going into the router shows Fair, Good or Excellent and I now have Excellent with the truckers antenna. I'm about 2 miles and in the middle of 2 towers. 6 locations later I found the best spot for my network. :grin:

The best I could pull tonight.  :grin2: I like it though. No matter what it works well.

Download Speed: 935 Kbps (116.9 kB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 540 Kbps (67.5 kB/sec transfer rate)

Can't wait till they get this one adjusted.

I don't think there'll be any adjustments. There are the same variables as on sat but no excessive travel time. This is about the best I have gotten testing around, 3G recommended this site.

158847844.png

Remember that there is different equipment (cards & USB) on our end that we are comparing with.

I don't think there'll be any adjustments. There are the same variables as on sat but no excessive travel time.

Remember that there is different equipment (cards & USB) on our end that we are comparing with.

So you think the cards might be stronger? Just curious.  :smiley:

So you think the cards might be stronger? Just curious.  :smiley:

I don't know about that but what I have been reading is the USB seems to have a faster upload. I would have to try the card I have alone without the router but unfortunately I have no laptop. I did ask at 3G about about putting in a PCI to PCMCIA adapter in for the card but was told they hadn't found a card to support it but maybe they just hadn't tried it. Using the connection manager gives you access to the PX500 but I don't know about other cards or modems. If anyone with a different modem could give some input maybe we could do a group test. :smiley:

Can't wait till they get this one adjusted.

The network for ISP connection is in place and there must be something that controls the speed but whether it is in our EVDO modems or not I don't know. I think EVDO modems in the future may give us more speed but what you must remember it would need to able to handle this through each segment of the internet network. And thus when you drive to work in the morning rush the more cars out the slower traffic gets just as the internet, so where is everyone getting in such a hurry,  :tickedoff: