New way to access ur CANOPY Web Page (SMART BRO-ken)

tamie77

umm question will the jitter and rssi rates affect my connection i mean in the past i can choose my color codes but now the 2 other color code i used to choose has no effect (no connectivity) i notice it has high rssi and jitter. thanks in advance

RSSI = Received Signal Strength Indicator  very explanatory.. the higher the better

Jitter = Small rapid variations in a waveform resulting from fluctuations in the voltage supply or mechanical vibrations or other sources such as signal...  the lower the better...

jitter  of 2 or 3 is ideal and RSSI of more than 600 is good.

mine has Jitter 2 and RSSI 545 and i got a constant 45-48 KB/s

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

will this 10.20.30.40 thing and 169.254.3.3 this will allow me to access the canopy with vista OS?  so far dio ko na ma-access canopy ko e. may nkikita ako mga 10...ip at na aaccess ko ibang canopy pero yung sa akin di ko makita sa list.  sobrang bagal kasi ng connection this past few days at umaabot lang ng (50kbps)... di na nga me maka laro online kaso lag talaga... can anyone help?

btw, i followed every instruction here using the 10.20.30.40 and 169.254.3.3 at may nakikita me na canopy but not mine....pls pls pls.. i need help...

i tried calling smart tech supot at may tech dispatch na sila pero after 4days pa....biruin mo namang abala yan... so pls help... :cry2:

Please speak English only on this forum, thanks.  Please read the forum rules

• 1 month later...

Hello there.. I finally manage to access my canopy.. the above guide didnt let me access my canopy.. so heres how I did..

On the Ip address, found in TCP/IP  just put 10.0.0.2 and then press tab so that subnet mask address will come automatically.. the click close.. after that, open the notepad that the smartbro technicians made and save there your smartbro log_in account.. then find the ip address that they have included then paste it to the address bar.. thats it.. binggo.. 

i tried the part 2 one and nothings happen :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i still get around 120-284Kbps..can anyone help me..

try checking the jitter level.. it should be atleast 4 or 3 ro more lesser.. if it is higher.. expect a slow connection.. you can only change it if you find a better color code with lesser jitter.. but I think changing the color code will lead to a canopy lock.. im not sure..

Guest kevin516

try checking the jitter level.. it should be atleast 4 or 3 ro more lesser.. if it is higher.. expect a slow connection.. you can only change it if you find a better color code with lesser jitter.. but I think changing the color code will lead to a canopy lock.. im not sure..

ahh. Thats why.? By the way my jitter is around 5-7.

well thanks for replying now i know why is it that my speed won't increase :smitten: :smitten:..

is there any other way.?i tried using cfosspeed my speed increase a little bit from unstable 120-284kbps to stable 290kbps.. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

ahh. Thats why.? By the way my jitter is around 5-7.

well thanks for replying now i know why is it that my speed won't increase :smitten: :smitten:..

is there any other way.?i tried using cfosspeed my speed increase a little bit from unstable 120-284Kbps to stable 290Kbps.. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

the best way I think is contact smartbro technicians and ask them if they could find a good base station for you and change the color code to be safe..

Guest kevin516

the best way I think is contact smartbro technicians and ask them if they could find a good base station for you and change the color code to be safe..

well i scan my AP and the best color code in my area is the one that i'm currently using now...

my speed is ok. for now it reach 320Kbps on peak hours... I'm satisfied with this speed.. thanks again.. :smiley: :smiley:

<SNIP>

please just change the (dot) into period  :smiley: :smiley:

Can i ask another question.

Why is that i have a higher upload speed than my download speed.. but when i'm uploading it says 500kB/s. and i can upload a 100mb in 2mins..

EDIT out link

well i scan my AP and the best color code in my area is the one that i'm currently using now...

my speed is ok. for now it reach 320Kbps on peak hours... I'm satisfied with this speed.. thanks again.. :smiley: :smiley:

http://www(dot)speedtest(dot)net/result/368139095.png

please just change the (dot) into period  :smiley: :smiley:

Can i ask another question.

Why is that i have a higher upload speed than my download speed.. but when i'm uploading it says 500kB/s. and i can upload a 100mb in 2mins..

wow.. hehe.. have you checked the settings in your canopy in Qos?.. is the upload set to very high.?? I dont know actually, and its weird.. by the way, if you move the antenna, thats the time the base station will change and the color code also will change.. depends, on how many smart base station you have in your place..

Guest kevin516

wow.. hehe.. have you checked the settings in your canopy in Qos?.. is the upload set to very high.?? I dont know actually, and its weird.. by the way, if you move the antenna, thats the time the base station will change and the color code also will change.. depends, on how many smart base station you have in your place..

ahaha. maybe i'll try it next time. when i have time for it.

i'll post some screenshot tomorrow of my canopy settings. i'm to sleepy now. i need to get rest :smiley: :smiley:

Guest kevin516

hi Guys after doing some Experiment My speed went really really fast.

ahaha. Cguru kya bumagal speed ko ng 4 days kya pla 80kbps lang nkukuha ko. And now look at my new speed

From 320kbps to

share2-74CNUFGR5

hi Guys after doing some Experiment My speed went really really fast.

ahaha. Cguru kya bumagal speed ko ng 4 days kya pla 80Kbps lang nkukuha ko. And now look at my new speed

From 320Kbps to

share2-74CNUFGR5

What experiment did you do?

Have you tried testing your speed in the afternoon or evening??

Guest kevin516

Hello Jash12per

I just turn my QOS to 6500downlink and 500uplink and apply coolbuster's Cablenut settings.and move my canopy to different direction which you have told to me. my jitter is now low and rss is higher compare to the past one.

well my speed is still unstable on morning til afternoon my speed is average of 360kbps but when 8pm comes i get 420-450kbps.. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

By the way why is that my host is different. Its not smart broadband. it state that my host is 104.142 :undecided: :undecided: but  when i tried speed testing on speedtest.net it state smart broadband. sorry for OT....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest analleta34

guys i did all what the tutorial says but still i cant access my canopy...please help..

i can access my 169.254.1.1 but i forget my username  and psswprd wht to do help......pls

• 1 month later...