New way to access ur CANOPY Web Page (SMART BRO-ken)

tamie77

If so, they're letting me have free reign. I don't have to do anything to access the canopy now, just type 169.254.1.1 on the address bar.

Before, I had to change my IP to 169.254.1.2 Note that other instructions say 169.254.3.3

wow...dude..i wish i we are all thesame as you...we are really having a hard time just accessing this canopy thing....

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky you, I used to be able to access it, but then i didn't even write down my canopy's ip knowing that i'd be able to access it again in the future through the same procedure. Unfortunately I can't. Just keep showing 10.0.0.1 when typing arp -a. Disabled firewall restarted connection still shows same 10.0.0.1.  :uglystupid2: am i missing something?

me..when i type 10.0.0.1 in the address bar,,,it will just show the portal.smartbro.net....in just a split second...then...page cannot be displayed again.....i wonder what are we missing....i'm 100% sure i followed all the procedures given to me.... :sad:

commonly, there's one thing almost everyone has missed and that's to outsmart smartbro  :evil6:

smartbro techs can access your sm remotely. the solution? put passwords on the "root" and "admin" accounts, and create your own account with a password that is easy to remember but hard to guess.  [nerdly]  :azn:

hmm that weird....

try to change the ip address to 1.2.3.4 instead of 10.20.30.40

and the subnet 255.0.0.0

I hope this little solution help you in getting access to your canopy...

btw is happen to me that i cannot find my canopy ip address....

in the command window it show the mac address of canopy instead the ip address.... :shocked:

this problem is the same yours?

is that a confirmed claim that smartbro will take time accessing your canopy page and change some stuff on your canopy settings?

i don't think they have the luxury of time in doing so. they are just too busy looking for new customers..

is that a confirmed claim that smartbro will take time accessing your canopy page and change some stuff on your canopy settings?

i don't think they have the luxury of time in doing so. they are just too busy looking for new customers..

I believe they can access the canopy remotely too.

And speaking of which, do you guys get emails from them asking you to invite friends to smartbro? I recently received 2 more. If I wasn't thinking of politeness, I would have responded with a resounding "NO WAY IN HELL!!!"

I believe they can access the canopy remotely too.

And speaking of which, do you guys get emails from them asking you to invite friends to smartbro? I recently received 2 more. If I wasn't thinking of politeness, I would have responded with a resounding "NO WAY IN HELL!!!"

i haven't checked my smartbro email yet. i'll do so after this. lol. invite? ahahaha no way !

UPDATE!

i did just checked. no new mail for me :)

Welcome to testmt.net.. Please post in English only, thank you  :) 169.254.1.1 e2 po lgay nyu sa address bar e2 ip 169.254.1.2

d2 po aq pmunta at nakapasok po aq sa homepage ng canopy pero prng my ginwa na ung smart eh..

when i tried to log in ung status nya sa left side ay Administrator ung name..

tpos nung try ko pnta sa QoS 500 parho ung uplink at downlink wtf?!!

nagtaka at ambgal prn nmn.. so try ko click save changes pero my weird na pop up lmbas na nsa taas ng reboot button

pero bgla rn e2 nwala tpos bumalik lng uli sa QoS khit ilang beses ko gwn ayw prn...

I edited this again kasi po alam ko na ung cnasabi ko na weird thing..

sa tuwing mg log in ka po at mg change ng downlink at uplink

may pop up na "Changes Implemented" bka po bwal na ibahin ung configuration ng QoS d2...hayss syng

pero may alternative solution aq guys bago aq dito kaya mg papalakas na agad aq sa inyu!

ang alam ko lng po eh sa firefox pero kayu n po bhla sa ibang browser:

1. Tools

2. Options

3.Advanced

4.Network Tab

5. Settings

6.Manual Proxy Configuration

7. Input this Proxy server = 121.1.3.200 Port = 8080

8. check = use proxy server for all protocols

9.OK

Translation:

169.254.1.1 this is what you put in the address bar IP is 169.254.1.2

I went here and was able to access the homepage of the canopy but it looks like smart has done something...

when I tried to log in the status bar on the left says Administrator as username...

then when I tried to go to QoS the uplink and downlink is both set to 500 (skip expletive)

I was wondering and it's still slow.. so I tried to click Save Changes but a  weird pop up appeared above the

Reboot button.

But it also disappeared and I was directed back to QoS, however many times I tried, it still won't work

I edited this again because I found out what the weird thing was.

Every time you log in and change Uplink and Downlink there is a pop up that says "Changes Implemented" maybe it's because changing the QoS configuration here is not allowed..haysss what a waste

But I have an alternative solution, I'm new here, (I'll skip this part,some people might not like the way it comes out when translated, but don't worry, it's nothing bad, just a bit awkward)

All I know is with firefox you guys do it for other browsers:

1. Tools

2. Options

3.Advanced

4.Network Tab

5. Settings

6.Manual Proxy Configuration

7. Input this Proxy server = 121.1.3.200 Port = 8080

8. check = use proxy server for all protocols

9.OK

End Translation

Welcome to the Forum. Next time, please post in English, as it is the rules, and there is an off chance that someone who can help you ca't understand what you're talking about.

You use proxies? Yes, that speeds up browsing, but it also has the bad habit of returning unreliable test results.

If it says changes implemented, then you have succeeded in tweaking your canopy. All that's left is to reboot. You found that your downlink and uplink is already at 500. Try changing them to 700 and 300 respectively.

P.S.

told you 169.254.1.2 would work.

thx for translation and im sorry for the tagalog/filipino post im really sorry..

ok i will try what you said because i never tried to reboot it..

and ohh yeah proxy speed up my connection from 165-180 kB/s ---> 290-390 kB/s well broadband speeds are always not similar  :angel:

uhhm  i am successful in changing my downlink and uplink but i wanna ask you what would i put if

my purpose is "Online Gaming"?

what is the best value should i put for

i choose this one but im not sure

uplink: 700

downlink: 300

is this good for gaming?

hey tamie77 thanks for your guide! my speed increased!  :grin2: so for those still cant access...here's what i did after following steps 1 to 4 from tamie77's guide, in part 2 getting your canopy address, at first when i typed arp -a it showed me only this

arpafi3.png

edited: not really my canopy

then i was figuring out why it only displayed one ip then tried pinging 10.0.0.1 then arp -a after few minutes it displayed my canopy ip!

arpbeq1.png dunno with you guys but thats what i did i hope you'll figure out other ways or anyone would help you here  :grin2:

hi guys im new and no experience in this! i just did the guide 10.20.30.40 and type arp -a on cmd and it also showed me  192.168.224.1 numbers? and what is pinging 10.0.0.1?

guys! pls help me! how do you ping? and how can i get my canopy address?  :cry:

i only have a 21 Kbps dl. and i cant acces my canopy address? or page? please help me mod my canopy settings guys!! i also have a 10.0 Mbps on my icon in network connections. please guys!!

thanks in advance!!

share2-U18P3S5ZX

• 2 weeks later...