My Internet Speeds SUCK!

x_orange90_x

Unfortunately, if you're in TN, and you're on the overcrowded beams that serve us, you're speeds are probably going to never improve over what they are now.

If you're not under contract, i'd cancel !    If you ARE under contract, fight it.  There is a wealth of information of numbers to call and email addresses to write here.

I can definately understand why all the Wildblue dishes along the long stretch of road I live on suddenly appeared as Hughes dishes.

Who knows, Hughes will eventually turn to crap as they rapidly add new users.

A friend of mine's account was DSS800XXXX, and mine is DSS825XXXX....... That's a heck of alot of users added in 5 months. (not sure how the account numbers increment).

I simply just state HughesNet as good for the moment because it meets my needs at the present.

:undecided:

I am also on hughesnet spaceway with 9000 modem (xplornet)

When I first had this installed I was relentless with xplornet moving up the line to eventually involving level 1. Getting to learn all the right things to say and watch and continually running speed tests got results. I had it installed in August 08--and by Feb.09 all of my equipment was replaced --dish modem and made sure everything was lined up as well--I would check on hughesnet web site -click my 9000 modem and enter my san ID- reported my signal strenght--everything they wanted to hear.

I was on elite plus--200.00 per month with a 3 year contract--they bumped me to elitepremium (newest) 5mb download with 300kps up.(no increase in payment)

After equipment change my speeds were averaging from 5200kps--6800kps down and 450-625kps up. I also got them to give me 2 months free--all speeds were documented and they knew there was a problem--elite plus was to be up to 3mbs down and 300kps up--I was only getting 1200kps down and 95kps up.

Squeeky wheel sometimes gets the grease--I just have even less hair now

You must have spoken with Advanced Technical Support and have a different number than 1-866-347-3292, That goes to India.

Also, the NOCC is in Florida (which is Level 4).

And you'd would have had to talk to ECC to get ANYTHING free out of Hughes . . . . .

P.S.  This is my second shot at Hughes, so I've already experienced every level of support they offer.

My old account was plaged with billing issues and speed problems.  the only reason I tried a new install and new account was to see if history repeated itself.  Unfortunately, its starting to go downhill fast . . .

:angel: I should also say when I call Tec Support it is in Woodstock New Brunswick--not offshore, very good people to deal with :smitten: :

:undecided: My carrier is barrett xplor-- Our NOCC is out of Winnepeg. It was during the transition from NOCC in Germantown Penn. to Winnepeg that all the problems were happening up here. The problem was it took forever to move up the chain of command--and it wasnt untill I got there that they told me that was probably the problem. Too many people in so called customer service did not know or clue into this vital piece of imfo.  Once it was in Winnipeg, things started running smoothly--Of coarse the new equipment helped--melting ice and snow into the transmitter really is not good. :haha: :haha:

You must have spoken with Advanced Technical Support and have a different number than 1-866-347-3292, That goes to India.

Xplornet is a re-seller of the Hughesnet service.

So Xplornet Call Support may not always be in the know about Hughesnet system problems.  You'd think that call support should have various system error codes automatically on their screens, whether in India or North America.

But I wonder who actually runs the Winnipeg NOC? Did Xplornet hire some qualified techs. Or does Hughesnet mainly remotely control it?

Xplornet is a re-seller of the Hughesnet service.

So Xplornet Call Support may not always be in the know about Hughesnet system problems.  You'd think that call support should have various system error codes automatically on their screens, whether in India or North America.

But I wonder who actually runs the Winnipeg NOC? Did Xplornet hire some qualified techs. Or does Hughesnet mainly remotely control it?

Those are very intriguing questions for sure.  :book1:

another intriguing question is why on a NEW HUGHESNET install you're on the

direcway.com domain (gateway)?

and then after 30 days (and things start to slow down)...

you're on the direcpc.com  domain?

anyone know for sure the differences?

Those are very intriguing questions for sure.  :book1:

:haha: Satellite and control seem to be conflicting words--As far as xplornet in Woodstock--they are able bodied but ultimetly when you are on Hughes Net--Hughes, I am sure knows what is going on and imfo I am sure does not make it over to everyone on the phones at xplornet.

All I know is within no more than two years--and probably sooner, Bell will have the fibre optics in my area--the ground is picked out and hydro notified for a tower (cell) within a mile of my location. DSL-- or perhaps wirelss will finally be at my grasp--by that time my contract with xplor will be over. :cool2: