Now that xp may be gone

ninjageek

Now that xp is gone, will you help others install a "questionable" verson of xp??  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Now that xp is gone, will you help others install a "questionable" verson of xp??

• Yes
    • No Way
    • Don't know how to do that.
    • My dog ate my only copy of questionable xp
    • I will do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do!!

If they can't install a pirated version on there own, how the hell are they gonna use the OS ?  :haha:

Besides, no matter what they say right now, no time soon are they going to stop selling it, you can believe that !

There will be OEM versions out there for a very long time. And i don't mean a couple months either.

My guess is it will be available to system builders for at least the next 5-7 years. Why do I say that ? You think the " best MS had to offer, vista, and the next puked out version will be suffice for replacement of XP ? I think not.

• 2 years later...

Well now xp is on the way out. Would you install a "questionable" verson of xp for someone? My vote would be no. Not into going to jail and becoming someones new girlfriend.

NNoooo don't tell me XP pro is in the way out, It's still running fine here , I kinda issed the all singing and dancing Vista ,

been thinking about 7 , but decided to wait and see with 8 ,

would I load a dogy coppy of XP , yes but I get the customer to click on yes on the Eula , if it's his computer and he supplies the OS cd and key , thats his problem ,

BTW around 70% of computers running XP I see in the UK are pirate , not so with Vista , I guess it wasn't worth pirating ?

Win 7 legit is very cheap in the UK ( around $50 USD ) but the uptake as far as I can see is low ,

I guess XP legit will be around for many years ,

laugh.gif back in 2008 the company I was working for moved from win 95 to XP , I cant see them scrapping that for some while yet ,

but what the hell do I know ,I thought win M.E was the greatest thing since sliced bread , and no I never got a BSOD

Maybe I ain't trying hard enough ,undecided.gif

NNoooo don't tell me XP pro is in the way out, It's still running fine here , I kinda issed the all singing and dancing Vista ,

been thinking about 7 , but decided to wait and see with 8 ,

Maybe I ain't trying hard enough ,undecided.gif

Just built a new system for me mum with triple core AMD Phenom 1.9Ghz. And Windoze 7. Still adding in the programs and killing the extra Windows crap. And a nice LCD monitor to get rid of her old CRT monitor.

Hers is on the way out with leaking capacitors. 9 years old or so, XP machine.

My Vista Basic machine I got annoyed with it being slow(1.8Ghz) with Vista and I put Ubuntu 10.4 on it. Much faster now.

Danged me I forgot. :oops:

Well you need to try harder to earn back your old title of

Edit: Ah heck. Click it to be readable. Oh my freaking crap. Maybe the other one will be better. Eh. Click them both to be better. And the banana can also be an animated avatar.

post-58433-12806312846147_thumb.gif

post-58433-12806313582077_thumb.gif

Edited by zalternate

Did not read the thread - BUT I f'ing hate Windows 7, Vista, etc.

They are just stupid when it comes to adjusting network settings and so on.

OK so I am responding to my own post. FYI - Do not post anything right after a cab drops you off at home from the local pub.

On the other hand; I still do not like the new way Windows is going. It is still annoying to me.

OK so I am responding to my own post. FYI - Do not post anything right after a cab drops you off at home from the local pub.

On the other hand; I still do not like the new way Windows is going. It is still annoying to me.

I'll be more annoyed if they try to do a 'Windows 8" next year.

Since the Vista shit fest and now getting something that is much, much better than Vista, and just as good as XP, There is nothing extra to add for a few years.

But MicroFloppy better not try to go to a cloud computing OS and abandon stand alone OS's. World Governments are already drooling over the thought of putting their little black box's in the data centers to make sure that no one is breaking the terrorist act of 2001 to 2150. Even RIM may allow various governments to tap into the Crackberry users encrypted data streams.

Well, for me XP is always good and more preferred. I have installed Windows 7 but, there are some issues with that too. When it comes to network settings then yes, I always find problem mainly in the case of Windows 7. I have not installed Vista, but I do have its transformation pack and it slows down the speed.

For me, XP is much better and there is no problem in network settings.

• 2 months later...

Well, for me XP is always good and more preferred. I have installed Windows 7 but, there are some issues with that too. When it comes to network settings then yes, I always find problem mainly in the case of Windows 7. I have not installed Vista, but I do have its transformation pack and it slows down the speed.

For me, XP is much better and there is no problem in network settings.

If you are used to the networking from older version of Windows then the Windows 7 network settings are a little weird. In my experience I've found that most of the same stuff is there, you just have to dig for it. It's obvious that MS tried to make it easier and more simple... but at the expense of people who were so familiar with the old way.