DVD Decrypter

keith1178

Although DVD Decrypter will do fine to backup older DVD movies that were made up to the time it stopped being updated.Copyright & other protections will usually stop you from making a good backup of a newer movie.

You need to use DVD Decrypter's replacement the free version of DVDFab HD Decrypter.This is still being updated so it can handle most protections.You have to have the HD space as it will use approx 9GB for a dual layer which most commercial DVD movies are.Then after  DVDFab HD Decrypter has done the decryption you use DVD Shrink to "shrink"  compress it to a single layer approx 4.36 GB .

You will also need the space on the HD for the 4.36 GB from DVD Shrink .If you used DVD Shrink to build an .iso you can then use DVD Decrypter to write the .iso to a single layer disc.

If you use DVD Shrink to build standard DVD files you will need a DVD burning software that will burn these files to DVD disc.

Myself I no longer use this method as I have AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 these are faster & easier but not free.

This software is updated much like AnyDVD for removing DVD protections.But free.

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.0.7.6 (July 30, 2008)

DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

FixVTS is probably a good software but if a DVD is correctly decrypted you probably won't need to use it.

VobEdit is a software similar to FixVTS.

AnyDVD is probably the best & works with many other programs but should be off when using DVDFab HD Decrypter.

In DVD Decrypter if you have AnyDVD you should use it by going to Tools/Settings/ I/O / Interface/ElbyCDIO Elaborate Bytes.

• 2 weeks later...