Looks like TW sold smaller systems

Our cable company is now called Windjammer. I just got this email...

Important Information from Windjammer Cable

We will be updating your High Speed Internet, Digital Phone, and E-mail services beginning in the early morning of January 12, 2009. This conversion may take up to 10 days. We will only be working on your service between 1:00 am

aproximatly where are you located.  I"m afraid i may be in the same boat. I'm in rural southeastern ohio in monroe county.  The only good thing that i can see that can come from this is if time warner does implement those bandwidth caps,possibly winjammer wouldn't do that?  Maybe wishful thinking. 

I wonder how much the speed will change.  I seen where the blast will be 10mb download.  I wonder what the upload would be.  It says blast with powerboost is supposed to be up to 16mb.  I"m curious as to what the upload will be.  I'm thinking my area is going to them as well because i heard they sent out letters to the trustees of the township with windjammer being talked about.  ON the bright side in this area they can only improve the cable tv portion of it.  I curently have directv but my parents have their cable tv service and it's not very good right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can tell; my speeds are just about the same. Internet & TV service hasn't changed, but the digital phone is screwed up. I have two lines. My first line seems Ok, but the 2nd line has lost call waiting and speed dialing and the caller ID time is 6 hours fast on both lines. They told me they know that there are phone issues, but things aren't improving very fast. :mad2:

Well i'm transitioned over to windjammer.  My speed has decreased on both the upload and download side.  I get about 7.8mb download and only 512Kbps upload speed.  I don't know what speed i'm supposed to be getting now.  IF you would could you run a speed test and report what speeds you get.  I tried calling their tech support but they seem to be some foreignors that can't understand what you are saying.  Also i think they are raising their rates from what time warner was.  Their regular high speed is now 49.99 without cable tv which is higher than time warner was and less speed to boot.  With 9.99 for extra speed.   

I'm supposed to have the Turbo speeds of 10 mps, but looks like I'm only getting 8.4. i did download something last night that was over 1 mps. You are right about the Tech Support sucking. They are too hard to understand.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 8406 Kbps about 8.4 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1026 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/01/23 - 6:01am

Bottom Line:: 147X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1 sec

Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 11.975 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 57.06 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2TKL795PU

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0) [!]

• 3 months later...

We had a massive ice storm here in late January. My cable line to the house hit the ground. It was rough losing Internet, phones & cable tv all at the same time because of one wire. I switched my phone service back to to AT&T and got $150 cash back.