Keyboard Shortcuts (OS Exclusive) Vista,MAC ect..

mudmanc4

For those of you that feel as I , the mouse is a pain, here is the WIKI for many common keyboard shortcuts. Includes Vista, XP, MAC, KDE, and GNOME. I hope you find this as useful as I have. I'm sure if your aware of any that aren't present, you could edit for the rest of us.

• 3 years later...

I like it!

Hello MikeMac , do you have a few , or even one keyboard shortcut to donate to the thread ? I kinda let this go for some reason, thanks for posting up to remind me.

Mac has so many shortcuts and less obvious keystrokes to accomplish tasks that we would need to use the mouse for , or even utilities that may not even be known included within the operating system, thats really the directions I intended for this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hello MikeMac , do you have a few , or even one keyboard shortcut to donate to the thread ? I kinda let this go for some reason, thanks for posting up to remind me."

What's that supposed to mean? You let what go? I'm a new user and thought the Keyboard shorcut wiki was a great post and thought I'd say so. Feel free to take this and my "I like it!" posts down, if you like....

Here's one.... in the Finder: Cmd-click on Title- See the path enclosing folders. Or Cmd-Double-click (on folder)- Open folder in new window

-mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion , I was going to elaborate more on some of the osx shortcuts , and post them here. This thread was something I started and did not follow through with , hence why I said I let it go.

We do appreciate your posts for sure.

Shutdown Win XP if your screen or mouse dies: WindowKey + U + U

Shutdown Win7: WindowKey + right arrow + enter

Turn off the bloody overwrite to make the cursor stop eating your research paper :sad2: : insert key