Buckey Express Ohio/ outlook express

mudmanc4

A client of mine hs bex.net, I used to be able to get outlook express working, but they changed something, and it's diffcult fo find the correct settings. Iv'e tried many different settings, but nothing seems to be the correct servers Anyone ?

Did you read this paragraph?

Note. Buckeye recently mailed you a new email address so that you can have email service after we move our sev.org mail server to American Broadband.  If Buckeye gave you an address other than a bex.net address, such as buckeye-access.com, you will have to substitute the different domain. For Example, mail.buckeye-access.com would be used for the outgoing mail server, rather than mail.bex.net that is used in the examples. 

I came across this one, not sure if it is the same as above.  I put a link to the page that I got this info from.

Buckeye Email

Email Settings for Buckeye Customers

Set up your email software

If you are presently using Buckeye Express (cable modem) or Buckeye Access (dial-up) for your Internet Service Provider  and you use email software such as Outlook Express, Microsoft Office Outlook or MacMail, you will have to make a change in how your email program sends messages and how it receives messages.

First, a little explanation - Email programs use two mail servers to process mail. One is the POP3 (incoming) server and the other is the SMTP (Outgoing) server.

The SMTP is the outgoing mail server through which you send your outgoing mail. Since you are connected to Buckeye's network, they know that you are a valid subscriber and allow your outgoing email to be relayed to the destination.

The POP3 Server is the incoming mail server used to collect your domain email until you open your email program and download the incoming mail messages. SEV.org email users will continue to use mail.sev.org as their server. However, the login username that Outlook, Outlook Express, MacMail and other mail clients use must be in the form of [email protected], rather than just the username alone. This will have to be changed in your client.  The mail server at AMBT requires this, where the server at Buckeye did not.

In short, your POP3 (incoming) mail server will stay mail.sev.org, while your SMTP (outgoing) mail server needs to be changed to a mail server on Buckeye's network.  Typically this SMTP (outgoing) mail server is mail.bex.net.

Note. Buckeye recently mailed you a new email address so that you can have email service after we move our sev.org mail server to American Broadband.  If Buckeye gave you an address other than a bex.net address, such as buckeye-access.com, you will have to substitute the different domain. For Example, mail.buckeye-access.com would be used for the outgoing mail server, rather than mail.bex.net that is used in the examples. 

Below are instructions for popular email clients.

http://www.sev.org/Email/Buckeye.htm

Best wishes, and its been nice knowing you.  :buck2:

No shit, luckey me, I don't have another remote with him until next week, so I have a little time to ask a few local in that area that I know.  I'm hoping I can get around this most terrible  onslaught , of page reading pooppieheads... man, don't those people know there so much smarter then that ?  geeze , think about what your saying  :confused2:  :haha:

• CA3LE locked this topic