My computer took 15 min to start up

amc11890

Its getting really bad, I was starting at the motherboard screen for 10 min then it finally moves past that point by the grace of God.  In the past I had trouble with the motherboard malfunctioning and not allowing my computer to start up at all.  Thought I was past that point.  Even in windows It took extrememly long to load all the programs and such.  I built this thing not to long ago too sux that it is failing so bad.  I used to have major overheating problems as well where the computer would have to shut down before exploding, lol.  But its gotta be the motherboard right I mean my memory is fine I switched with other sticks, the processor I think would not be the problem, hard drive no, gotta be the motherboars slowly dieing.

I got a gigabyte ga-m61p-s3

Actually when I do have problems and the computer refuses to start up period I just clear the cmos and then it does manage to startup.  I bought it almost two years ago so defintely had it to long to return buts its weird sometimes it starts up fast then it goes through periods where it takes a century to startup.

I got a gigabyte ga-m61p-s3

.............. sometimes it starts up fast then it goes through periods where it takes a century to startup.

Iv'e had this issue, seems that when there's an external drive connected, at times , this happens, so I have to ask, any external drives connected during startup ?

Do this, start in safe mode, watch to see where it stops, what's loading at the time it slows down, is it "mups.sys " ?

Iv'e had this issue, seems that when there's an external drive connected, at times , this happens, so I have to ask, any external drives connected during startup ?

Do this, start in safe mode, watch to see where it stops, what's loading at the time it slows down, is it "mups.sys " ?

no external hard drive but next ill start up in safemode to see whats up.

okay here is a update: last night was a disaster, I just got finished downloading windows 7 and restarted my computer to begin the installation and it just froze at the motherboard for screen and then would shutdown after overheating(i suspect) never getting past the motherboard screen.  I fiddled around disconnecting several things and ended up with a "insert system disc" error.  I had thought my hardrive was going out so I went into bios and the hardrive was shown but it was indicated as slave and my dvd drive was the master drive.I went into the boot order and the hardrive was set as the first drive to boot from and I entered in hardrive as fist just to make sure this fixed the disc error problem.  but next comes another problem I attempted to start the computer and it just made a long beep sound which indicated a dram error.  I have two sticks in so i took one out and then the computer started up, and here I am. guess it may have been bad dram all along. 

isn't that the way it always is...

damn dram...

:haha:

glad ur all fixed :)

yeah but the prob now is im running at half the ram, sooooo slow. 

But I got another question: I attempted to install windows 7 again and i got a message saying missing bootmanager.  ummm..whats the deal?

Are you running more then one OS on the same disk ? if not, then windows should have taken care of that at the during of the install.

The drive wipe may not have gotten rid of everything, did you use boot and nuke , and write "0's" to the drive before a new installation ? If thats possible with B&N.....