My Internet Connection Cutting Off

James_Akins

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but.. I used to have dialup about 2 weeks ago, we upgraded to RoadRunner I believe. We have a NetGear router and there is an antenna that they had to connect up high in a tree for us to get a signal.. Well I used the bandwidth test on this website and here are the results:

share2-0SGEPMJOR

My internet cuts off about every 2-3 minutes, and disconnects me from any game I am playing at the time, and also disallows me to go to any new websites, because the internet is basically off.. It logs and out of messengers and everything and it's very annoying. I'm not sure if having an antenna in a tree has anything to do with it, but my friend referred me here because he said someone would have a solution. I will be very thankful for a solution to this, if there is one. Thanks a lot, James Akins

Do you have a cable coming from the out side to a modem on the inside of the house? If so how far are you from it? I don't under stand the concept of the antenna in the tree to get the signal to you. I'm on a router and can pick up signal 60 feet away outside the house.

RoadRunner WiMax.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/News/2009/12/Time-Warner-Mobile-WiMAX/

Time Warner Expands Mobile WiMAX Offerings

By Maisie Ramsay Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Time Warner Cable launched its mobile WiMAX service in Dallas and North Carolina yesterday over Clearwire's 4G network. The cable company claims its Road Runner Mobile's up to 6 Mbps data transfer speeds are comparable to its residential cable service.

Time Warner also plans to begin reselling Clearwire's white-labeled mobile WiMAX service in areas of Texas and Hawaii by early 2010. The company is currently offering the service on dual-mode air cards and 4G air cards.

"Road Runner Mobile lets customers take their favorite Internet service wherever they go. This is an important part of our strategy to give our customers any content, on any device, anytime, anywhere," said Barry Rosenblum, executive vice president of the Texas region for Time Warner Cable, in a statement.

Time Warner has invested millions of dollars in Clearwire over the past year and took part in a recent funding round which helped net the mobile WiMAX company $2.8 billion in debt and equity financing.

Comcast, another Clearwire investor, also began reselling Clearwire's mobile WiMAX service in a new market yesterday with its Chicago launch. Like Time Warner, Comcast is offering the mobile broadband service on dual-mode air cards and 4G air cards.

The Chicago launch coincided with an expansion of Clearwire's retail efforts and the start of its mobile WiMAX service in the greater Seattle area.

I was running Tor, a proxy that ehh.. not exactly sure, but you're connecting through their network while using it. I disabled it, seems to have stopped disconnecting, but I'm not completely sure.

Keeping in mind, a proxy is a means to mask Ip [ things=[ other ] , so the connection will be routed to the proxy after going back through the ISP servers then off to wherever your pointing to. Depending on the quality of the proxy, this normally slows a connection at times to a completely unusable state, let alone super high response times.

Any information about the antenna , and the way it is mounted would be helpful. Since this is something relatively new.