problem with typing certain characters in forum

Hi, i use firefox 3.5.6 and typing apostrophes (') will sometimes work while posting a reply, but most of the time it will pop up with a "quick link search" down at the bottom of the page and im not sure why. i cant seem to find any options on my end, maybe i overlooked something but cant seem to figure it out. (i got that apostrophe by copying it from a different window and pasting it).

thanks in advance

Did not like chrome. It slowed down too much.

How did it slow down? And have you tried the newest version? 1 and 2 sucked on memory usage, but 3 is better then all the other windows browsers I've tried, its faster then anything else on windows. The 4 beta is even faster.

i agree about not liking chrome...i just dont like the layout of it. so i didnt use it much.  :|

Well the minimal browser interface is where they are all going. The new thing is going to be to strip the browser to make it lightweight and faster.

How did it slow down? And have you tried the newest version? 1 and 2 sucked on memory usage, but 3 is better then all the other windows browsers I've tried, its faster then anything else on windows. The 4 beta is even faster.

Well the minimal browser interface is where they are all going. The new thing is going to be to strip the browser to make it lightweight and faster.

Honestly no not yet. Will give another go. Thanks. Maybe the first two I tried were the first versions.

When I posted some news items last week, about a dozen words throughout the article paired up when the one next to it. 

And I am not sure if one article tried to pull some info from the source code of the page. But might of been the invisible ad section. Well they are invisible to me anyways.  :P

Using FireFox 3.5.6 

I didn't like Google Chrome cause of that damn updater nonsense. And all those ad's on webpages. Or can you shut off the updater manually yet? And whatever else it does.

I have a copy of Opera, but only as a spare.