Slow internet speed .. i mean really slow( from 200Kbps to 30Kbps)

shekswin

hello

i am in India, i am using ut200r2u router, i changed my broadband from 256Kbps to 2Mbps. The download speed should be around 220Kbps,for the first week i got around 200Kbps. But then it has reduced back to 28 kbps. I called the service provider but they said all the ports were fine.The download test shows my speed is 223Kbps(dl bein 28Kbps) but a friend a few blocks from my house gets download speed of150 kbps for the same broadband plan. Please help i dunno what to do ??.!! the results from the speed test !

Your connection is: 224 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps

You downloaded at: 27 kB/s

You are running: 4 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 37.93 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:Guest

Test Time:: 2010/01/02 - 12:39pm

Test Browser and OS info: Opera/9.64 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Presto/2.1.1

Test ID: LPO7WDGX1 (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 13.58 % of your hosts average (162.25)

This was tested from a 3064 kB file and took 111.969 seconds to complete

Call back to support and have them confirm you are still on the new package.. Not if the port is ok, but if your speed setting is still at the 'new' 2Mbps package.

Maybe have them reissue the command to upgrade your account to 2Mbps. And see what happens. That is a rare occurrence, but does happen where the new speed falls back to the old speed.

I don't know what type of ports they have(mixture of ones that can't do 2Mbps?), but if they have slower ones, someone might of accidentally switched you to a slower port? which would be determined by a tech visit to the port itself.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • CA3LE locked this topic