my download scores

midnightsailor

Well, I admit  I have a lot to learn, but I don't think these download scores are anything to shout about...cry more likely :cry2:  Rick PS: Yea, you are all probably laughing :ha ha: Boy, do I have much to learn. I forgot to paste in my download scores, came back here after I ran my upload test and realized I had my upload scores so had to go back , run the download test again, and now I am back here again..Du-oh!!, now before I forget here they are:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 447 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 512 kB)

Download Speed is:: 55 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2010/01/04 - 6:29pm

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 18.62 sec

Tested from a 512 kB file and took 9.391 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 3.9 % of your hosts average (optonline.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-9ZJ8U3NI4

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

Tommie, thanks for answering my post.  I am new to a lot of this and am frustratedfrom all the mistakes I make, Confused as to even the layout/structure of this forum( I belong to 2 other forums regarding sailing that , atleast to me, are much more clear and easy to follow.)  I tried previous to this, replying to my other post on my upload speeds and lost two long posts full of questions I have, and finnaly gave up and just posted a short thankyou and not much esle! :idiot2: I do hope to eventually learn to operate this site, get to learn how to get my computer to run properly, and hopefuly , satisfy my curiosity about a whole range of questions I have about computers in general.  One thing to start off with is my download speeds, as my upload speeds don't seem to be too bad, not nearly as bad as my download speed. I tried the speed tests and when done do not really understand the results too well and even did not understand how to post them(link them?) to a post. I think in my other post, my screenshot and /or regular text type results post?link did not completely show up as another person who responded said they had trouble with getting the whole thing. Not sure if I did somthing wrong, the site screwed up, or the other person messed up or what. THat being said, and in light of my tendecy to write posts and then loose them, how do you save a post or answer to a post as you are working on it, so as not to accidently or whatever loose it ?  On my other forum I belong to about sailing, if I hit the preview box as I am writing, it will save a preview of it and I can revert back to the original post if I need to , in order to check on a name , or a prticular or what ever, and then can hit my browsers forward button and come back to where I was and even though the box with the original partial post might be cleared, the preview will still be there and I can just continue from there. I tried that here ands lost my post twice!! :tickedoff:  Anyway, I have a million questions and need to know where to start.For example, I have continually wondered about somthing relating to my windows task manager and wonder where it would be appropriate to ask quesdtions about it. For instance, I usually have it open so I ccan see what is going on and one thing I question is under the processes tab, In the image column, I see eight (8) instances of an item called svchost.exe, if I goe to the Mem. usage column, it shows anywhere from 256k to  one with 27,184k and everything inbetween.  My question is (actually questions ) are : What is this item? why are there so many instances of this item(svchost.exe) , is it good/bad/indiffernt that there are so many?  Can/should anyof them be removed? Could I get by with only one? Why the different Mem Usage values, and do they haveanything to do with my slow upload speed.?  I warned you that I am very curious and have a million questions! :lol:  Where would the appropriate place be to pose this question?  Thanks for you help, I appreciate your responding to my post. Rick

First off when I started out I wrote long posts also. They have shortened a bit since then. What I  started doing (I also had just learned typing* I was new at everything* so I typed so slow it timed out on me often. And if I did research for a post, again timed out. So what I started doing for a while was to do it in notepad and then paste it all at once.

Have you tried this read yet? It has helped several with speeds.

http://www.testmy.net/t-4257

Did I miss it, or did you post your advertised speeds? If not what are they?  :azn: