Where Is The Guide To Make Computer Faster?

Guest pgu579

Guest pgu579

Where is the guide to make computer faster???

IS it removed?

Any other guide with free softwares?

Can you disable windows automatic update??? even I turn it of it starts automaticly...

Help

Her computer is reading from the harddisc all the time...

There are a ton of our guides at >> http://www.testmy.net/ipb/forum/17-guides/

As for the Windows Update... I first need to know what OS you're talking about.... is it Windows Xp, Windows Vista or Windows 7?

Here is the instructions for Windows Vista...

• Click the Start button, choose All Programs, then choose Windows Update. You’ll see the Windows Update window.
  • Choose Change Settings from the leftmost pane.
  • There you can change installation time, turn of auto update options ETC. Make your changes as you like and then click OK to apply the settings.
  • You can also view Windows vista update history from your control Panel. To see update vista update history go to control Panel > windows update > view Update History

But the real question is... why do you think THAT is what is making her computer access the hard drive all the time?

Give us some more specifications on the problem and we'll be able to help you better.

-D

Guest pgu579

Windows XP swedish home version 32 bit

There are a ton of our guides at >> http://www.testmy.net/ipb/forum/17-guides/

As for the Windows Update... I first need to know what OS you're talking about.... is it Windows Xp, Windows Vista or Windows 7?

Here is the instructions for Windows Vista...

• Click the Start button, choose All Programs, then choose Windows Update. You’ll see the Windows Update window.
  • Choose Change Settings from the leftmost pane.
  • There you can change installation time, turn of auto update options ETC. Make your changes as you like and then click OK to apply the settings.
  • You can also view Windows vista update history from your control Panel. To see update vista update history go to control Panel > windows update > view Update History

But the real question is... why do you think THAT is what is making her computer access the hard drive all the time?

Give us some more specifications on the problem and we'll be able to help you better.

-D

Download this,

MalwareBytes. Anti-Malware

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10896905

install, update, scan. It's free.

It's should show any of the bugs that could cause a hard drive to be constantly being accessed.

• 3 weeks later...

SpyBot is good. And honest according to some news I've read about it, compared to a couple of anti-spywares. He even puts down that if a program(or a tag along program downloaded with it) does something that the user does not want it to do, SpyBot will detect it and give the user a choice to delete it. And that holds up in any court against some of the scum bags that try to deny being spyware or adware.

Ever since I switched to FireFox(version .6 Phoenix) and then use FireFox exclusively, I have not needed Spybot anymore. I don't get bug or virus or such anyways. The other quick scanners I use, don't turn up anything other than the occasional false positive.

But When I used Internet Explorer, I kept getting little nuisance bugs. Stuff that tried to download or attach to the machine via the browser. And Spybot would constantly show cookies and other tidbits. I suppose Internet Explorer 8 'actually' deletes history and browsing/Ad files. Even though with the older version, I had set IE to delete history on browser close. But it still liked to keep crap.

The other day, my Avast popped up a little red window in the right bottom corner of the screen to tell me it blocked a malicious live link on a webpage. And does block the occasional site from a Google search for some information. But does give me the option to go to the site anyways and take my chances. But a small TV news site did have an injection bug that Avast did not see due to definitions, but I have a fully patched and firewalled machine anyways(router hardware. OS software), so no issues there. Belt and suspenders, but the software portion keeps Microsofts junk from trying to get out to contact the mothership. Same goes for some other programs too.

Edited by zalternate