Excellent!

Dude111

Boy i havent been here for awhile and i come back and find IPB and the Political Message Base open again (Lets behave there guys) and so much more!!

Boy that last version of SMF on here WAS HORRID!!! -- I couldnt logout!! (I didnt see it listed anywhere on the skin i was using) After i visited 1 time and couldnt logout i said "This poor sites going downhill and i dont know if the staff will listen to my help offerings :( So i stopped visiting. (I was sad cause i like it here!)

I do have a suggestion if you guys decide to goto something even better than this...

I recommend MYBB - http://www.mybboard.net -- BEST FREE OPTION!!

Let me explain

Alot of sites i am on are VBB SITES (Vbulletin) and they are slowly upgrading to that terrible garbage called VB4 (UTTER TRASH) and i have been pleading with staff NOT TO GOTO VB4,if they feel the need to upgrade for whatever reason,PLEASE GOTO MYBB (Best ever)

I have lost 4 VBB sites the last week to vb4 (I dont visit them anymore it is that bad!!)

Site looks better on IPB than it did on the last rendition of SMF :)

Thanx guys!!

Boy i havent been here for awhile and i come back and find IPB and the Political Message Base open again (Lets behave there guys) and so much more!!

Boy that last version of SMF on here WAS HORRID!!! -- I couldnt logout!! (I didnt see it listed anywhere on the skin i was using) After i visited 1 time and couldnt logout i said "This poor sites going downhill and i dont know if the staff will listen to my help offerings :( So i stopped visiting. (I was sad cause i like it here!)

I do have a suggestion if you guys decide to goto something even better than this...

I recommend MYBB - http://www.mybboard.net -- BEST FREE OPTION!!

Let me explain

Alot of sites i am on are VBB SITES (Vbulletin) and they are slowly upgrading to that terrible garbage called VB4 (UTTER TRASH) and i have been pleading with staff NOT TO GOTO VB4,if they feel the need to upgrade for whatever reason,PLEASE GOTO MYBB (Best ever)

I have lost 4 VBB sites the last week to vb4 (I dont visit them anymore it is that bad!!)

Site looks better on IPB than it did on the last rendition of SMF :)

Thanx guys!!

Glad you like it... I personally hated SMF 2 so that's why I switched over to IPB. Thanks for letting me know of MYBB but I've paid for IPB and I'm really happy with it so we'll be running this for a while. :)

I've never really like vB that much. It was cool back in the day but I've heard of allot of users hating the new version.

Stick around, I have allot of new stuff coming down the line. When all is said and done the entire site, including the speedtests will be new. I'll most likely offer the old version of the tests for a few years to anyone who doesn't like change. About 60-65% of the traffic here is repeat visitors so I figure I must be doing something right... but it's 2010 and time for the latest and greatest. I've completely rewritten the site about four times in the sites history and I have a bunch of ideas of how I can do some things better... not to mention each year the bar on my programming skills gets raised. I know at least 10 times what knew the last time I did a major rework. So the new tests should be pretty sweet.

Once I finish my brainstorm and get a plan together the code should fall together fairly quick... I'll throw it in beta (for our registered users to test) then once we're happy we'll get it launched. I have allot of work ahead of me.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Damon

Im sorry Damon i wasnt here before you paid $$$ for IPB (I could have saved ya $$$ i think)

Ya your doing alot of things right my friend :)

So you didnt like the look of SMF2 either huh? (IF A CLASSIC SKIN WAS USED IT ISNT BAD BUT IT STILL DOESNT RENDER 100% IN ALL AREAS))

Isnt it sad how stuff keeps getting worse?? (Web design,etc)

Good to hear from you my friend!

Im sorry Damon i wasnt here before you paid $$$ for IPB (I could have saved ya $$$ i think)

Ya your doing alot of things right my friend :)

So you didnt like the look of SMF2 either huh? (IF A CLASSIC SKIN WAS USED IT ISNT BAD BUT IT STILL DOESNT RENDER 100% IN ALL AREAS))

Isnt it sad how stuff keeps getting worse?? (Web design,etc)

Good to hear from you my friend!

Plus SMF 2 was very bad on my server. My server load has been cut in half... and no more defunct processes.

Good to see you too. :)

-D

I left you a PM my friend,i dont know if ya got it or not....

Oh,i cant find a SEARCH feature.. (To look for threads i have posted in,etc)

And is DTT (Database thread tracking) enabled on this or COOKIE BASED TRACKING?? (On your SMF site "Database thread tracking" was enabled)

Ah well,ttyl my friend!