Cableone Problems

starship_troopers

1 member has voted

1. 1. do you think Cable One is cheating?

• yes
    • no
    • where are my bagels?

In my town (south kansas) Cable One has updated their service...WITHOUT telling anyone. i was on the 3mbps download package. they dropped that package and replaced it with a 5mbps download package...they never notified me, or made changes to my plan. i was not locked in a contract or anything. i eventually found out and today called support and had them change me over to 5mbps. the tech said there will not be changes to anyone's plans for a while to come and i have not been notified still that my old package was dropped from their line up...

my old tests were spot on, but when i found out i had been paying for 5mbps and only getting 3mbps since my package was discontinued i was pretty pissed. wouldnt you be?

anyway, here is what i get now

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 5448 Kbps about 5.4 Mbps (tested with 6144 kB)

Download Speed is:: 665 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2010-04-19 02:59:59 GMT

Bottom Line:: 95X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.54 sec

Tested from a 6144 kB file and took 9.238 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 33.24 % faster than the average for host (cableone.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-GSV8300K1

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 [!]

i just wanted to bring this subject up for anyone else it may affect. and my question to everyone is this: do you think cable one should have notified everyone of these changes, or just let it go unchanged like they did? personally i think it was a cheap shot to me, as i pay on time every month and i always test my speeds to make sure. yet at the same time they cant even tell me they changed services around and dropped what i pay for and replaced it with an upgraded package and didnt even fix my speeds...i think that shows they dont care about the customers.

I know with Telus(DSL) here in BC, they changed the 1.5Mbps and 3Mbps and 6Mbps packages to one package. So the users get whatever their line can handle for the distance from the node.

Some people have gotten automatic speed upgrades(I think via hardware upgrades at the node), but some are still sitting on a slower speed.

So some people think it's unfair to only get 1.5Mbps and pay the same price as 6Mbps. But it make corporates paper work so much simpler(I suppose).

When our node(central office building) was upgraded to 6Mbps(from 3Mbps), we did not get a call, but I heard about it from the local computer shop within about a month of the upgrade, so I called in and got it and even a slight discount on the monthly rate. And hopefully we get an upgrade to VDSL2 later this year or next.