Plz Help With My Internet Speed

pietka112

hi, i want to ask, could somebody help me to make faster internet download speed, because before 3 months my internet speed down. Thanks to all.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 278 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 34 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Houston, TX USA)

Test Time:: 2010-08-31 17:18:44 GMT

Bottom Line:: 5X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 30.12 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 29.877 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : You are only running at 30% of your hosts average (zebra.lt)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SW9X5AJPY&

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

Do you have DSL Filters(see pics below. White items.) on your phones, where the phones plug into wall outlet?

Unplug all phones and unplug DSL filters too, So that 'only' the DSL modem is plugged into the wall phone outlet and reboot your DSL modem and see if any change. And if you get faster speeds over the next couple of days or for long term, one of the little DSL filters is bad and needs to be replaced.

click to enlarge.... The larger black item is a DSL pots splitter that goes into the service box where the house phone line comes in from the street. It is for to eliminate the little DSL filters all over the house.

post-58433-062768500 1283280300_thumb.jp

post-58433-077543300 1283280312_thumb.jp

post-58433-064204700 1283280401_thumb.jp

The only other thing I can think of is either you have too much line noise, or maybe the ISP dropped your speed package speeds to the lower speed tier.

Your speed tests show a steady general speed area for the tests. So your modem is going with the fastest speed that it can do or is allowed to.

You can always try the software at https://testmy.net/tools/test/pc_speed_test.php -- to tell you the truth it's a third party application that we sell software for. But many people see improvement with it. We've sold thousands of copies and have had absolutely zero negative feedback about it. Scanning for problems with it is free.

I can't guarantee that will solve your problem however, the issue may not be with your computer... it could be the modem, a bad cable or a problem with the line on your ISPs end.

First thing I usually do to nail the problem down is try another computer on the same network. Do you have any other computers on the network? If yes, are they having the same problem. If no, do you have a laptop or something you can get your hands on to try on your network.

Good Luck :)