Allow More Frequent Auto Speed Test Than 30 Minutes,

Guest axelrose

Guest axelrose

1/2 hour might be often enough for many but I'd like an auto speed test even as frequent as 3 to 5 minutes for fewer hours. I'd be willing to PAY for the ability of 3-5 minute speed test and suspect thousands on the forum would agree with more frequent speed auto testing.

1/2 hour might be often enough for many but I'd like an auto speed test even as frequent as 3 to 5 minutes for fewer hours. I'd be willing to PAY for the ability of 3-5 minute speed test and suspect thousands on the forum would agree with more frequent speed auto testing.

I could do this... but it would have to be a premium service for sure. Bandwidth can get out of control. Soon as I get over this little cold I have I'll see what I can put together.

Can you imagine the server load with the already tens of thousands of people testing and even 10% of them are firing requests every five minutes. I can't even imagine what it is right now , it has to be phenomenal .

The server is always working hard... that's for sure. But things are configured just right. The server is on 40 days of uptime and last time I rebooted I didn't really need to reboot and that was on 60 days of uptime. What takes the most resources are the database queries, averaging and what not. 8 cores, lots of memory and 15k raid0 makes light work of it though. :2funny: