If Someone Could Help Me? Re: Slow Internet

jonmcsingee

This was my result which it gave followed by the message 'you may have a problem' which is not news.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 21 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 MB)

Download Speed is:: 3 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Dallas, TX USA)

Test Time:: 2011-01-01 17:58:58 GMT -7

Bottom Line:: 0X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 341.33 sec

Tested from a 97 MB file and took 38.039 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Running at 1% of hosts average (Embarqhsd.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/6213AI4ZX

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/8.0.552.224 Safari/534.10 [!]

In a nutshell, 2 months of centurylink internet and I might as well not even have since I can't download or stream any movies, etc. The company says modem is fine and recognizes there may be a problem in the area but are vague as to what it may be. I got it as a bundle with TV with discount on it so I'm hooked for a bit but it's frustrating. Any ideas what could be wrong?

That is DSL right?

I don't understand the results you posted either...

Download Connection is:: 21 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 MB)

Download Speed is:: 3 kB/s

Bottom Line:: 0X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 341.33 sec

Tested from a 97 MB file and took 38.039 seconds to complete

Tested a 97 MB file and took 38.039 seconds to complete? yet right above it 1MB in 341.33 sec! I am confused.

There is a lot of factors that can make your DSL slow, first off is how far away from the telco are you? distance and DSL matter!

Secondly you may want to try the following, move your modem to the NIB on the outside of your house, disconnect the house wiring from the box and try your test again, if you have an improvement it could be down to wiring in the house acting as a antenna, I had the same issue and they removed all wiring to old jacks that was not in use and it fixed my problem.

Filters, make sure you DO NOT have a filter inline with your modem, filters go on the phones only! also try disconnecting the phones, you could have a phone that is messing your line up! some cheap imported phones can do this.

Post results of your modem stats also.