Loss Of Signal To Airport Extreme And Loss Of Voip

richeeee

On a regular basis, I lose signal to AIrport Extreme which in turn crashes my Teleblend VOIP. Comcast is my provider. I restart the Airport and it is OK for a while and then it crashes again. Where should I start to look for problem? When it is working, it is perfect and then something goes awry. Could the Airport be the culprit? Or is something triggering this crash? I have a Motorola modem SB5120, Roku, Apple TV and Scientific Atlanta 8300HD.

On a regular basis, I lose signal to AIrport Extreme which in turn crashes my Teleblend VOIP. Comcast is my provider. I restart the Airport and it is OK for a while and then it crashes again. Where should I start to look for problem? When it is working, it is perfect and then something goes awry. Could the Airport be the culprit? Or is something triggering this crash? I have a Motorola modem SB5120, Roku, Apple TV and Scientific Atlanta 8300HD.

Sorry you haven't got a response on this yet. I personally haven't had a problem like that but maybe if you provide a little bit more details about the crash I can help.

Are you on a laptop? You could possibly have something in the room that's interfering. I personally have little drop zones in my house... mostly because of the amount of various electronics I have. But some areas, within a two foot radius will drop my speeds by 40Mbps, move over a little and BAM, full speed. So that's something to look into.

Good luck, and if you find the culprit please post your solution so that any future visitors may find help. ;)

-CA3LE

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

I have an orchard of Apples in my house.  I use a meshed network of Airports for Wifi. When I first connected I had the Starlink connection dropping out every few minutes for about 30 seconds and then reconnecting again.  I reconfigured the mesh network in the house  and set up everything then rebooted Starlink without connecting it to the network. Once it was stable and working on its own Wi-Fi hub I then connected it to the meshed network and I have not had a problem since then. It seems to be stable and reliable.