3 replies to this topic

#1 paniolo

paniolo

Earning Trust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

How do I set testmy.net provider to the correct provider? Currently it says unknown. I'd like to change it to my provider.

#2 mudmanc4

mudmanc4

TMN Seasoned Veteran

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hi paniolo, please state your ISP , if it is not in the system as of yet , we can request that it be placed.

mudmanc4.png sigimage.gif

#3 CA3LE

CA3LE

TestMy.net Webmaster

• Administrator
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

How do I set testmy.net provider to the correct provider? Currently it says unknown. I'd like to change it to my provider.

Hi paniolo, please state your ISP , if it is not in the system as of yet , we can request that it be placed.

Actually, I've never added providers in that way. I've added forums for providers but if the detection fails... S.O.L. -- But I will be fixing the host detection issues very soon, I've had the fix on my radar for years now... it's actually pretty expensive to get consistently updated ip information. I've been detecting it on my own forever now... but as you've noticed it doesn't always work, some hosts sit behind unresolvable proxies and such...

In the past, for about two weeks or so, I made/ran a system for allowing people to enter that on their own if detection fails. But I scrapped the idea, I don't like having to ask my users to do the tasks that the website should already do on it's own.

I've just about finished the prerequisites on the site that will lead to the eventual release of this update. For anyone else waiting on this, sorry for the delay... soon... I just didn't want to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on an IP database subscription service before I was ready to implement it. (That kind of information doesn't come cheap.)

Thank you for your patronage,
- Damon

"Working to improve our Internet one connection at a time."
CA3LE.png

#4 mudmanc4

mudmanc4

TMN Seasoned Veteran

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Makes sense now, I was confusing opening a forum dedicated to a specific host , with IP / host detection.

mudmanc4.png sigimage.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Speed Test Version 14.10
© 2014 TestMy Net LLC - TestMy.net - Legal - Advertise