Configure Provider So It Doesn't Say Unknown

pkorn

How do I set testmy.net provider to the correct provider? Currently it says unknown. I'd like to change it to my provider.

Hi paniolo, please state your ISP , if it is not in the system as of yet , we can request that it be placed.

Actually, I've never added providers in that way. I've added forums for providers but if the detection fails... S.O.L. -- But I will be fixing the host detection issues very soon, I've had the fix on my radar for years now... it's actually pretty expensive to get consistently updated ip information. I've been detecting it on my own forever now... but as you've noticed it doesn't always work, some hosts sit behind unresolvable proxies and such...

In the past, for about two weeks or so, I made/ran a system for allowing people to enter that on their own if detection fails. But I scrapped the idea, I don't like having to ask my users to do the tasks that the website should already do on it's own.

I've just about finished the prerequisites on the site that will lead to the eventual release of this update. For anyone else waiting on this, sorry for the delay... soon... I just didn't want to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on an IP database subscription service before I was ready to implement it. (That kind of information doesn't come cheap.)

Thank you for your patronage,

- Damon