more upgrades

TriRan

so recently i've been upgrading more of my network to gigabit and i've been stress testing it on in off in conjunction with stress testing my router

tonight i transferred multiple 12GB files cross network from machines while testing here to see if i got any network slowdowns and tweaking settings ( because thats just who i am >.> a tweaker) that sounds so bad hah anyways if you see my last string of tests i didn't experience any internet slowdowns while transferring those large files acrossed my network i think i'm finally satisfied with my LAN for now :P tomorrow that will probably change

https://testmy.net/quickstats/TriRan

TriRan.png

also not to bad for a pc on wifi eh? my upload needs some tweaking but the downstream is solid

haha sorry sorry!

i was transferring 3 12GB files cross network at about a 30MB/s avg which i think was more limited by the hard drives than anything (only running single 7200RPM drives non raid)

i was more then satisfied with the cheap Gbit switches i purchased :P not to mention the router i'm using handled all the requests it's the DHCP server and central link between my Gbit switches

i did experience a internet slowdown but when i started the test my brother was still awake and streaming netflix on his xbox so thats what i chalk that up to

edit: you know i was curious as i was writing this what the max write/read speeds of my HDD was and it turns out maybe i was maxing the switches/router out i was doing around 97MB/s total when they have a max potential 128MB/s

my HDD's max speeds were

Transfer Rate: 52.688 MB/s (write)

Transfer Rate: 286.353 MB/s (read)

Edited by TriRan