FIOS Rant - CAUTION - Explicit Material!

xs1

So for a while now iv'e been losing a battle with Verizon FIOS. continuous calls to "tech support" and "IT" support because the upload is terribly lacking from what we pay for. Im currently on the 35/35 package as most of you know. Most of the time to 98% of the websites im lucky to push 14 - 20 up. I know, 14 - 20 up is still great, but not when your paying almost $100 month on internet alone. - Finally i got fed up and called Verizon tonight, and they flat out told me

" We do not guarantee speeds OUTSIDE the Verizon network , we don't own the internet and cannot guarantee that the pipeline will be open to you. Were merely a road on the highway of the internet."

At this point i was fucking infuriated. I said

" PLEASE tell me one fucking website that people go to WITHIN the Verizon network?"

They than respond with

" I dont know sir, we only guarantee speeds to our servers."

Again i respond with

" So your telling me that im paying $200mo for service up to 35M If im checking my fucking EMAIL?"

No response.

" So im basically paying for LAN - not internet? "

Once again like a robot

"Sir we can only guarantee speeds within the Verizon speedtest server"

Once again i ask

" So you CANT actually guarantee internet speeds that you advertise..."

Verizon's response

" No sir , we cannot . "

At this point i hung up before i canceled my service all together. The part that royally pisses me off is you can do a search for "FIOS speed test" On Youtube and get NUMEROUS hits from people with MUCH larger connections Verizon offers, getting at least 90% of their advertised speeds if not more.

Than to sit here and tell me the IT Network technician is basically telling me to "fuck off". GG Verizon. Way to be like every major conglomerate out there and shit on your customers for asking what they are entitled to.

So for a while now iv'e been losing a battle with Verizon FIOS. continuous calls to "tech support" and "IT" support because the upload is terribly lacking from what we pay for. Im currently on the 35/35 package as most of you know. Most of the time to 98% of the websites im lucky to push 14 - 20 up. I know, 14 - 20 up is still great, but not when your paying almost $100 month on internet alone. - Finally i got fed up and called Verizon tonight, and they flat out told me

" We do not guarantee speeds OUTSIDE the Verizon network , we don't own the internet and cannot guarantee that the pipeline will be open to you. Were merely a road on the highway of the internet."

At this point i was fucking infuriated. I said

" PLEASE tell me one fucking website that people go to WITHIN the Verizon network?"

They than respond with

" I dont know sir, we only guarantee speeds to our servers."

Again i respond with

" So your telling me that im paying $200mo for service up to 35M If im checking my fucking EMAIL?"

No response.

" So im basically paying for LAN - not internet? "

Once again like a robot

"Sir we can only guarantee speeds within the Verizon speedtest server"

Once again i ask

" So you CANT actually guarantee internet speeds that you advertise..."

Verizon's response

" No sir , we cannot . "

At this point i hung up before i canceled my service all together. The part that royally pisses me off is you can do a search for "FIOS speed test" On Youtube and get NUMEROUS hits from people with MUCH larger connections Verizon offers, getting at least 90% of their advertised speeds if not more.

Than to sit here and tell me the IT Network technician is basically telling me to "fuck off". GG Verizon. Way to be like every major conglomerate out there and shit on your customers for asking what they are entitled to.

did you ever get 90%?

i'd cancel and go elsewhere if i were you...

actually i would have asked to talk to his supervisor

...... and if that did not work the supers super. Eventually you get someone who will care. :violent1:

he actually was the supervisor. It just kills me that all the commercials stating they back their speeds, and "choose your own speed" and everything else, is just a false claim. Than IT tells you to deal with it because you can upload to your email SUPER FAST.