best android browser

starship_troopers

Im on my phone as we speak....after filing enough insurance claims i no longer have an htc incredible and they sent me a droid x....im still on my stock browser but would like to know if there are any better ones...i didnt really like firefox mobile....which is weird because i only use ff on my pc. But im trying dolpbin browser after i post this. Just curious as to what browser the android users out there have...also im going to do a speed test on here and one in dolphin. Ill let you know what scores i get.

Btw sorry for any typos...i hate the typing on these damn phones haha.

Edit/ i just got 400kbps up and 2.4mbps down on stock browser. Keep in mind this is on my verizon 3g network NOT my wifi.

Dolphin setup to act as an android phone got me 1.4mbps down and about 440kbps up

Edited by RyanS

Setting up dolphin to emulate a desktop i got 2.3mbps down and about the same upload as other tests...

To be fair i did all tests on a smart test on upload and a 3mbps download test. But due to some hardware lag and more freezes than on stock browser im uninstalling dolphin browser. Any other suggestions???

• 8 months later...

On some phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S III and on some Motorola models I've seen with Google Chrome installed on an Android phone running Jellybean an upward of 40+Mbps/28Mbps on LTE here on testmy.net. It wasn't consistent though. Sometimes would be 5Mbps, sometimes it would be at some high speeds.