New D-Link Product to increase broadband speed

Swimmer

On April 20th D-Link release a press release stating that they were working on a Fiber to Ethernet product for the home consumer... What does that mean? As stated in the press release it could, " deliver data and information at speeds up to 50Megabits per second or even up to 1 gigabit, this technology clearly represents the next generation of networking." By the way as many of you know that is flying... Right now they are testing in China and Japan along with some major cities. The speeds right now are in the 30's mbs. That is approaching the speed limit of CABLE and is well over the speed of DSL! I have email a represenative that works at D-Link for some more information which i will post here and my site, www.trueopinions.com. This could be really sweet if the quoted speeds are offered by IPSs!

The speeds look nice, but the price would start very high, as it's a new product.

Also, I doubt it'll be available soon, and available in most countries.

It's just another upcoming product; only time will tell if it'll become the high speed connection of the future.

Not currently... China, Japan, and the USA. I am sure that it will move their shortly... I think the Europe is one of the last testing grounds for pc hardware... I am not sure that this is accurate but it seems that the release dates are much later in Europe than in the states... I will let you know if I hear anything..

most of the stuff is beta tested there because it is built there... Cheaper for D-Link and it provides real world testing instead of having it shipped here for a period when support would be hard to come by. My guess is that there are strict laws about what type of technology China and other countries can have as far as wireless and networking go. I am also betting that there are some differences in the final product.