Dang Belkin Wireless N Router Bogging

spudler_t

This is rediculous my Belkin Wireless N router is sucking almost 12 Mb Speed out of my connection and I found out teh New routers Belkin has none are IPV6 Compatable so Belkin just Xed themselves off my list of future Products.

Sickening Directly wired to modem and i get 27-30 meg consistantly wired or wireless through router an d 20 is max I can get.

What is Belkin Thinking by not building IPV6 coompatability into any of their routers? At least I was informed of this 1 month ago when I first decided my router was weezing my juice and needed to be put down.

Linksys seems to have Budget Routers and Extreme performance ones Ipv6 ready so does Netgear from what I seen at Wal-Mart I guess it is time to do the hunt down max performance-Dependability for lowest price game going so I can fix this speed hog within a month sickens me that I am getting 1/2 of what I pay for not like Comcast isnt alrady robbing me blind now my router is working the conspiracy to hold me down and keep me slow.

This is rediculous my Belkin Wireless N router is sucking almost 12 Mb Speed out of my connection and I found out teh New routers Belkin has none are IPV6 Compatable so Belkin just Xed themselves off my list of future Products.

Sickening Directly wired to modem and i get 27-30 meg consistantly wired or wireless through router an d 20 is max I can get.

What is Belkin Thinking by not building IPV6 coompatability into any of their routers? At least I was informed of this 1 month ago when I first decided my router was weezing my juice and needed to be put down.

Linksys seems to have Budget Routers and Extreme performance ones Ipv6 ready so does Netgear from what I seen at Wal-Mart I guess it is time to do the hunt down max performance-Dependability for lowest price game going so I can fix this speed hog within a month sickens me that I am getting 1/2 of what I pay for not like Comcast isnt alrady robbing me blind now my router is working the conspiracy to hold me down and keep me slow.

i'm actually using a d-link router and am getting 100% of my connection over wireless just as i would wired. basically your wireless sync rate needs to be considerably higher then your cap to achieve your max speeds otherwise you'll see results like your gettting

if my computer is not connected atleast at 270Mbps wirelessly then i can't achieve 60Mbps of actual data transfer

i'm using 400Mbps wireless N Products though so unless my wireless channel gets extremely crowded i'm good

you can also turn off CMTS protection which protects other channels from your connection interfering with them. there are a lot of tweaks that can be done to help you get a little faster speed on wifi i'm just not sure if belkins routers allow you to change such settings

Ya I used to get it fine as a mater of fact When I was on the Extreme 50 Tier I was getting 50-56Mbps then here maybe 2 months ago I started to see my speed slowely eroding away. It doesnt matter if I use wireless or Wired if teh router is in there it is choking me down now remove router and Im fine but then no one else has internet.

Have you checked to see if there are any available firmware updates for your router? Just a thought before you punt it out the window, Spudler.

I like this idea, spudler_t , check and see if there is an available file at DD-WRT , which will have many more options for you to begin setting your wireless router up the way you want and need.

Or just post your wireless router model and version and we'll also investigate it with you. ( unless I have the blind eye and you already posted it )