7 replies to this topic

#1 cwh803

cwh803

Earning Trust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Getting no further than "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection” with "100% complete" blue bar. Asking IE9 to "see source" of stalled page gets "Not Responding" sequence. Last successful use of testmy.net was 9 Oct 2011.

Maybe IE9 parameter(s). Added testmy.net to "Trusted Sites" and to "do not block pop-ups" lists, but still no success. Using different sized test files doesn’t get any further.

Advice needed.

IE9 9.0.8112.16421; Win 7 Home Premium

#2 CA3LE

CA3LE

TestMy.net Webmaster

• Administrator
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Getting no further than "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection” with "100% complete" blue bar. Asking IE9 to "see source" of stalled page gets "Not Responding" sequence. Last successful use of testmy.net was 9 Oct 2011. Maybe IE9 parameter(s). Added testmy.net to "Trusted Sites" and to "do not block pop-ups" lists, but still no success. Using different sized test files doesn’t get any further. Advice needed. IE9 9.0.8112.16421; Win 7 Home Premium

If the "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection" stays up you must not have javascript turned on in your browser. Return your browser to default settings and you should be able to run the tests just fine.

I just ran a test on my test bench using Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 9, ran just fine for me.

​The tests work great in IE but I recommend Firefox or Chrome -- simply put, they're just better browsers.

"Working to improve our Internet one connection at a time."
CA3LE.png

#3 TriRan

TriRan

Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

If the "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection" stays up you must not have javascript turned on in your browser. Return your browser to default settings and you should be able to run the tests just fine.

I just ran a test on my test bench using Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 9, ran just fine for me.

​The tests work great in IE but I recommend Firefox or Chrome -- simply put, they're just better browsers.

working fine here in chrome

Posted Image

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 BE Processor - 4.1GHz | MB: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3
RAM: Wintec XMP1600 DDR3 - 8.00GB @ 1600MHz | Video Card: Sapphire HD Radeon (Cypress XT) 5870 2GB | HDD0-3: 1.8TB
Network: Realtek 1Gb Ethernet, Asus 1Gb Switch, D-Link DIR-655, Motorola SB 6120
TriRan.png
TriRan.png

#4 cwh803

cwh803

Earning Trust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

CA3LE,

I'm certain I have javascript enabled. It must be some other variable that changed since my successful use (Oct 2011) of testmy.net with IE9.

I tried putting testmy.net into my Trusted Zone to get the default "medium" IE9 Internet Option parameter values; still stalled. Then had success using www.speakeasy.net in my Internet Zone, which requires Flash I see, using the same IE9 that stalled on testmy.net.

Thanx for any further insight.

#5 TriRan

TriRan

Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

testmy.net's test doesn't use flash it uses javascript and ajax

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 BE Processor - 4.1GHz | MB: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3
RAM: Wintec XMP1600 DDR3 - 8.00GB @ 1600MHz | Video Card: Sapphire HD Radeon (Cypress XT) 5870 2GB | HDD0-3: 1.8TB
Network: Realtek 1Gb Ethernet, Asus 1Gb Switch, D-Link DIR-655, Motorola SB 6120
TriRan.png
TriRan.png

#6 tommie gorman

tommie gorman

TMN Seasoned Veteran

• Sophist Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,187 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I have IE9 Vista, it worked ok for me. IE9 is fine instead of the other browsers. And welcome to the forum cwh803. :read:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!
"an old country hick from america"

Sprint EVDO Rev. A * Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1*AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor, 8.0 RAM, ATI Radeon 3200 Graphics
Posted Image

#7 CA3LE

CA3LE

TestMy.net Webmaster

• Administrator
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

CA3LE,

I'm certain I have javascript enabled. It must be some other variable that changed since my successful use (Oct 2011) of testmy.net with IE9.

I tried putting testmy.net into my Trusted Zone to get the default "medium" IE9 Internet Option parameter values; still stalled. Then had success using www.speakeasy.net in my Internet Zone, which requires Flash I see, using the same IE9 that stalled on testmy.net.

Thanx for any further insight.

If you find what the problem is can you please let us know.

Best bet is to get a new browser to tell you the truth. Why is it that only IE seems to get so easily jacked up all the time? Nobody ever posts here saying, "I'm having problems with firefox (or chrome)." --- ever! I'm not giving your browser a very complex task here. It taxes the browser but it should be VERY easy for any browser to understand. If it has problems with what my tests are telling it to do... trust me, your browsing experience must be suffering elsewhere.

... my tests seem to break when your computer breaks, isn't that funny? :-P

"Working to improve our Internet one connection at a time."
CA3LE.png

#8 cwh803

cwh803

Earning Trust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

"If you find what the problem is can you please let us know. "

CA3LE,

Good news; both up and down tests working again.

My environment still as described above, i.e. IE9 in Win7 Home 32bit. Known changes are Microsoft updates since February last.

CWH803

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Speed Test Version 13.7
© 2013 TestMy Net LLC - TestMy.net - Terms & Privacy