• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Dad Strip Searched over 4 year old girl drawing picture with a gun included.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mudmanc4

mudmanc4

TMN Seasoned Veteran

• Moderators
  • 10,588 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

Steven Skurka, CTV Legal Analyst
Date: Wednesday Feb. 29, 2012 7:12 AM ET

The account of a Kitchener man, Jessie Sansone, being arrested at his children's school after his four-year-old daughter drew a crayon picture of a man holding a gun has garnered international attention.

When the girl's teacher asked who the man was, the reply was that it was her daddy, adding that ''he uses it to shoot bad guys and monsters," The Record newspaper reported.

The school principal, child welfare officials and the police quickly mobilized to deal with a perceived dangerous situation. Three police officers greeted Sansone in the principal's office. He was subsequently arrested, informed that he was being charged with possession of a firearm, handcuffed and put through a thorough strip search at the police station.

Within hours, Jessie Sansone was released and received an apology from a detective. The police, as well as school officials and the principal stoutly continue to defend their actions.

It is difficult to conceive of a clearer case of an unlawful arrest. There was no basis to even remotely justify it. A discreet inquiry would have disclosed that Sansone had a toy gun in his house.

The gravity of the police conduct was enhanced by the totally unnecessary strip search of Sansone.

Under the scrutiny of the Charter of Rights, it would surely have been held to be unreasonable. The Supreme Court of Canada, in a judgment released over a decade ago, recognized that strip-searches ''represent a significant invasion of privacy and are often a humiliating, degrading and traumatic experience for individuals subject to them.''

There is a report that Sansone has retained a lawyer to deal with his police encounter. His legal claim for a civil suit is viable.

Why is this case important? Police are invested with the authority to enforce the law. They commonly exercise it with proper restraint and care. The failure to respect the lawful boundaries that are imposed on the police, as manifested by this case, leads to a dangerous outcome. What happened to Jessie Sansone was a travesty that is proper cause for alarm. It should never be repeated.

Source

This shows exactly how out of control the anti gun activists are, this was entirely unconstitutional even in Canada.

If you bothered yourself to read the article , what do you think about the way this was handled , did it even need to be addressed ?

mudmanc4.png sigimage.gif

#2 TriRan

TriRan

Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

i own several guns and no one is going to take them from me :)

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 BE Processor - 4.1GHz | MB: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3
RAM: Wintec XMP1600 DDR3 - 8.00GB @ 1600MHz | Video Card: Sapphire HD Radeon (Cypress XT) 5870 2GB | HDD0-3: 1.8TB
Network: Realtek 1Gb Ethernet, Asus 1Gb Switch, D-Link DIR-655, Motorola SB 6120
TriRan.png
TriRan.png

#3 Conuck

Conuck

TMN Seasoned Veteran

• Moderators
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Never should of happened! A 4yr. old drawing a gun shouldn't have raised that much ruckus. Whats Happening is to much power is being given to people who can't handle it. I hope he sues the shit out of all who were involved. Strip search totally unacceptable. .

darka-1.jpg

La aldri niggerne å stjele Viking kulturarv

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, WOW! What a ride!"

#4 mudmanc4

mudmanc4

TMN Seasoned Veteran

• Moderators
  • 10,588 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Thats not kidding coknuck. You have it dead nut !! Government is so huge , that it's spilt down into activists, which the current administration just adores.

I think very seriously that government in general , would like to employ EVERYONE ! I'm not kidding , I truly believe this will expand to nearly every abled body, for one reason or another. Hell , never know , I might even go to work for our country, I don't know what I think of that yet, but the option is there right now.

mudmanc4.png sigimage.gif

#5 tommie gorman

tommie gorman

TMN Seasoned Veteran

• Sophist Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Totally wrong. :read:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!
"an old country hick from america"

Sprint EVDO Rev. A * Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1*AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor, 8.0 RAM, ATI Radeon 3200 Graphics
Posted Image

#6 tdawnaz

tdawnaz

TMN Secretary

• TMN Secretary
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

that should never have happened...i hate guns ...but there were times when my kids were little that i had to "shoot" a "bad guy or monster" or two...

what were they thinking...maybe it has to do with canadian gun laws...

Final_fairy_350x140.png tdawnaz.png index38.jpg
worship me like the Goddess I am :razz:
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress,can be judged by the way its animals are treated" **MAHATMA GANDHI
"You must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium. A wizard's power of Changing and Summoning can shake the balance of the world. It is dangerous, that power. It is most perilous. It must follow knowledge, and serve need. To light a candle is to cast a shadow." URSELA K. LE GUIN
windows 8..."it's so bad , people aren't even stealing it" **ninjageek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Speed Test Version 14.10
© 2014 TestMy Net LLC - TestMy.net - Terms & Privacy