Frontier Communications Wisconsin - FCC Response

mikie39greyhound

Found this site while trying to get new tools to help report my DSL condition.  LOOKS GREAT, THANKS TO THE DEVELOPER !!

I'm paying for 12MB DSL (Telco 2 line bonded residential), but usually getting 2 or 3Mb.  Worked for days with frontier "techs" and never got anywhere at all.  Finally opened an FCC complaint about the speed and filed it under "marketing fraud" since this is a "bait and switch" scam to oversell their capabilities.  It is surprisingly easy to file on-line with the FCC (www.fcc.gov) and your ISP will take this VERY seriously.

Getting daily calls from supervisor level mgr. now to check on my measurements.  And, thank God, my speed has "magically" improved into the 9Mb range (6 am to 6PM), but still get throttled to around 1Mb after 6PM.

Time will tell if it can be better, but I am VERY HAPPY to have found this site and the tools offered here.

FIGHT ON BROTHERS & SISTERS !!

Mike

Hey thats a good story right there. Too bad it had to end up going the way it did , none the less, awesome. 12 hours of what you are paying for is proof that QOS is enabled. And should not be in a place where the customer is paying, using, and not abusing the contract. 

I really enjoy reading these. Yes, carry on :)

Welcome and hopefully you'll get what you pay for! Too bad you had to go the route you did for results, but these days the phrase " customer service" is a fucking joke. People don't know how to be HUMAN anymore. Customer service and customer relations have been thrown by the wayside since the start of the internet. I believe in excellent customer service  for the ample fact of that is how I would want to be treated. 

• 8 months later...

I have the same bonded service (10Meg/1.5Meg) and get 1 to 2 Meg every night with freezes after 5pm as well.  Starts working again about 3am.  I  think it is frontier over selling their service.  I call and call and nothing happens.  Unplug modem for 2 min and restart.  10 min later same thing.  Also I get 10Meg when I am testing on there speed test.  Only place it displays what I pay for.  They say no problem.  DNS Errors in that time frame as well.  Clears up in the 3am to 5pm time frame.  Bonded line is slower than the single DSL I upgraded from. FRUSTRATED

Yes, Frontier has support contact numbers on their web site.

Been there, did that,I was hoping for regional managers or engineers contacts etc.

The last support call lasted 2 hours , with them saying sorry nothing we can do!

The service tech admits that the whole shelf is conjested, but has no idea when it can be addressed!

Seems another circuit from Wausau to Chicago is needed.

I have not lost service, but last eve it was down to 47kbps down, but still have 1.8mbps upload!

Since going to 12 meg bonded I have never has stable download service.

Seems they just oversold the service.

The rep mentioned a 80 % speed gaurentee but could do nothing about it.

I was also slid into a 2 year commitment that I was unaware of @ the time.

We ( client and I ) tried to locate a local office as well for Frontier, unsuccessfully. As they are getting beat up fairly good on a couple business lines. I had everything setup to port the numbers to a different carrier, until we found out that at some point, the contract was renewed until later 2015. Or pay $250

Issues such as this will dissolve when the contract problem goes by the wind. As has been stated, companies locking you in for any time period, for a service, are expecting they will have issues that might cause you to leave. 

sschiltz You did bring up another point I too always see the 1.5MHz upload no matter what the down speed is. mudmanc4  Keep an eye on the renewal date.  If I remember right it is an auto renewal if you don't stop it before the next cycle.  Wish I had a different option.   Good Luck

Tryed to call tech support today could not get past Level 1 support.  Tryed to tell him about the Level 3 servers in Atlanta and Kansas City are dropping packets on my tests.  Not Interested.  Was working just fine on the local frontiernet speed test Lakeville, MN.

Warned him I was going to call again this evening when the connection goes down like it always does.  Here we go again  How do you get them to listen?

• 4 weeks later...

I also had problems with Frontier recently. Just dropped them as my Provider. Had 2 bonded dsl lines for 6MB. One night we decided to watch an On-Demand Movie form DirecTV only to get an error message on the screen saying Internet Speeds weren't fast enough. Minimum 2MB download speeds required. Ha! I'm thinking, gee, I have 6, WTF? Ran over to my computer and started running speeds tests and turns out I didn't. Was getting 1.8MB and less. Called Frontier Support. They told me everything checked out fine equipment and line was fine. They said I was in a "high congested area" and there was nothing they could do. I told them that was unacceptable to what I was paying for. They said take it up with Customer Service. I did. I dropped their Service. Then they kept billing us. Wife canceled her card and called Customer Service and the Rep she spoke to said that was a mistake and they would be issuing a check. Couple weeks go by, no check. Wife called back and spoke to the same Customer Service Woman I had when I canceled. She was rude to my wife and said we were under which is why we are still getting billed. Wife liked Frontier on Facebook and started blogging about the rude Customer Service and how they took her money and had to cancel her card. Wife got an email less than an hour later from a Customer Service Manager asking for the details on what happened. We sent her the email and my wife provided her with the Customer Service experience while I provided the technical details on the slow unacceptable network speeds. Next day she got a call from another Frontier Rep stating they were going to send a refund check and he would be handling the case personally until she received the refund. Still haven't received a check yet. Wife is going to call and email the guy again for a status. Thanks for the Tip! I'll make sure my wife includes something about filing with the FCC if we don't receive our check withing the next 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to my previous Post on Sept. 12 - Wife received a check today for the one month charge they took plus the last monthly charge so they made good on their promise. Shouldn't have had to go to these lengths with all the Posting but I'm grateful for these Forums and Social Media as it seems like the only way to get their attention some times.