Other wired computer slow speed

Supreme1

Hello folks basically it comes down on the download test on the computer I am using right now I get around 68.5 Mbs or so I am using a (Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter) now on my brothers his will absolutely not go past 17.2 Mbs he is using the Mobos (Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC) his drivers are fully up to date and I could not seem to find any bandwith limiting software or options checked  we are using about a 50 foot ethernet cable to connect his to the router I am within 5 feet. any help on this would be appreciated and I realize it looks like and absolute mess formatting wise and I apologize fir that.

there are many factors that could be causing this it may not be hardware related, first things first make sure the drivers software isn't manually set to half duplex mode or 10Mbps which can be found in your network adapter settings its under control panel > network and sharing center > change adapter settings

post-3263-0-16039200-1421549690_thumb.jp

post-3263-0-75789200-1421549690_thumb.jp

post-3263-0-14987200-1421549691_thumb.jp

if that is already set to auto or 100Mbps then you should be fine next step would be to download TCP Optimizer and make sure the MTU is set for 1500 aswell as the connection set for the correct amount of download speed your expecting to get

if none of that works then you may be looking at either a issue with the ethernet cable or the router or maybe just that one router port

• 1 year later...