Bonded DSL

pccarver

I'm not an expert on bonded DSL, but if the traffic is between testmy.net and a single IP address then I would expect that it would work fine. Lots of folks with bonded DSL out there, and it should be totally transparent outside of your carrier's physical DSL infrastrucure. HTTP is HTTP, no matter what medium it's being tossed around on.

I'm not an expert on bonded DSL, but if the traffic is between testmy.net and a single IP address then I would expect that it would work fine. Lots of folks with bonded DSL out there, and it should be totally transparent outside of your carrier's physical DSL infrastrucure. HTTP is HTTP, no matter what medium it's being tossed around on.

Thanks for the input! I have heard it said generic speed test sights can't adequately measure bonded DSL. I have 6x2 ordered from Frontier to replace my single 6 hoping to improve streaming content. I will try testing once the second pair is installed.

I used to have Comcast's 105 Mbs service, which uses 4 bonded channels downstream and 2 bonded channels upstream. At least in the DOCSIS (cable internet physical transport layer) world, channel bonding is all handled transparently by the tuner in the modem. Think of it like a radio that can take the signal from multiple stations and mix them together. I would have to guess that DSL can be bonded in the same way. If you think about it, if the two DSL lines operated separately and you could only use one of them for a given down- or upload, you wouldn't really be gaining much in terms of percieved speed. It would increase the overall net speed of multiple connections, but that's about it.

• CA3LE locked this topic