Really high maximum speed

Ivo3185

I'm not sure why that's happening for you but I'll use your results to make it better in the future.  Looks like it's intermittently happening.

Disregard that reading when they're obviously wrong and only pay attention to the final result.  The final result is a separate calculation and isn't affected when that happens.

There may be a software reason on your end causing this.  Has your browser been acting erratic?  When you perform a download test, does the progress bar move fluidly or does it seem to jump?  This could be a clue to another issue... in all my own testing, I can not duplicate the bursted results that some users display here.  If I can duplicate it and understand why it happens the program can be adjusted if needed. ...... but maybe it doesn't need to be adjusted, maybe it's a clue.

TMN is weird.  It's a bandwidth test but it's able to pick up on things totally unrelated to Internet speed.  If you have some malware that's pre/post-processing your webpages... it could very well mess with the events that need to happen to make those calculations.  That's one theory I have. (try disabling all plug-ins and add-ons and resetting the browser)

If it was a mistake in the programming I would expect to be able to duplicate it in my own testing, I test a lot.  The TiP system is slated for improvements, during that time I'll dig in deep and run through the entire process to make sure there isn't anything I missed.  

Thank you for the feedback!  Very valuable.

• 5 months later...
ukqHs5l.png The real downloads are eratic too. I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft server. I got the whole 3.5 gigs in 7 minutes . There upload speed must be out of this world. That makes a difference on how fast there server can give you the file.It's the same here . some servers are fast when they don't have a lot of bottleneck and congestion. I guess. But your site gives people a pretty good idea what you have. You just have too average the speed you get. I have "power boost with Verizon. So when ever they feel I need a boost they give it too me . But not every time I download.

Image URL: https://testmy.net/lUOxwGs.png

Result URL: https://testmy.net/db/lUOxwGsGetting the bugs out off this puter I just built.

I'm glad ther is always someone in a chat that corrects your spelling or corrects your words. Yes I did mean "Comcast Power Boost" Thank you so much for correcting me Buta tester.

NLpD6rU.png Sweet Comcast!!!

• 2 weeks later...