zspace

The "My Results" graphs are misleading, they need to be fixed

5 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but the data shown on the "My Results" page, which displays a graph of multiple sessions of logging, doesn't correctly represent the time intervals between tests. For example, I could do 2 tests 5 minutes apart, wait a week and do another test, and all tests will be shown with the same x-axis spacing between them. While it might be easier to show all the data scrunched together, it's very misleading. An option should at least be added to differentiate between testing sessions on a larger graph.  

LiamAylward37 likes this

I see what you're saying.  Maybe in the future there will be a timeline layout option.

Thank you for the suggestion.

The graph is close to useless as it is. It displays the same ca. 12 measurements no matter what time duration you set it to. And it does not even have a x-axis unit of measure.

Useless is a little strong. The results plots are very useful as is. You can select it and get dates and times. The fact that the x axis doesn't use fixed intervals isn't a big negative. It's a record, for as many days as you choose. I'm rarely interested in what happens every x minutes. Certainly an option to scale the x-axis to some user defined interval might be helpful. You do have the option to select individual TIP plots where the x-axis is scaled.

Agreed. I was not aware that the graph actually is updated and the x-axis range is changed (only) if you set the table below to a certain time range.