contending fault with ADSL+2 Service Delivery TELSTRA (Syd/Aust)

Hello all,

I have a Telstra ISP ADSL+2 and having trouble with my internet speed.   In the past I have achieved connection speeds in excess of 179Mbps (totally un-needed) but find my internet surfing experience dulled now settling after many dropouts, then a 10kbs (playing radio on net just possible), now settling into a 1MB connection with transfer rates of 100kbps- 600kbs.  The connection speed is appearing "Shaped" (need help understanding this concept "Shaping"), or slower.

My results from this useful site can be found here https://testmy.net/quickstats/Mark%20Hallen

while   we  await  the NBN (FIBER TO NODE) I'm expecting the 80yr old node to house copper to put a big dent in the 'abiliy' to provide such a disjointed mash to cause 'consumers''.  I know the US Telcos went through all the "shaping" debate ......................... was it resolved?...... who benefited ? - us consumers?

Thanks people  (Mark)

speed test  @ 1pm - 060316.jpg

speed test 3a @ 9pm - 030316.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Keep speed testing here on this site at different times of the day for a few days to a week or so to get a baseline is of your "good" performance. That way, some day when you think you might be having more problems, you can go back to this data for reference. You might want to set up an Auto Test too.