Hello! Joined because of poor quality internet

Cowman715

Hello everyone! I joined here because out of no where my upload speed on my internet has dropped drastically. So much so I can't stream on twitch anymore without sacrificing quality. my upload speed has dropped from 5-9 mbps to 1-2 mbps. Cox says there is no issue but I've had a tech come and try to do some things and talk to them on their help forums they have but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks again!

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Cowman715

Edited by CA3LE
graphed results

• 2 months later...

I can but dream of those kinds up upload speeds . . . . currently struggling to get that on downloads.  My biggest issue was getting my ISP to stop fobbing me off and have someone actually check - It took my progressing through 3 levels of complaints handling to actually get something done . . . . even then, that was only because of the escalating issue of noise on the phone line.  We currently still have the Internet via the phone cable suspended from the telephone pole on the footpath, with our country's 'dumbed-down' version of a National Broadband Network being just around the corner. (Australia) What was the problem with the phone line?  Cockatoos had been 'chomping' on the cable running from the pole to the house - If you've ever had one of these birds 'bite' your finger, you'd know the power in their beak, so who needs teeth!  Next stop will be convincing them that 12Mbps is not the speed I wish to 'settle for' . . . . not when I had been getting 15 - 17Mbps with the previous ISP.  To put that in perspective for those on super-fast Internet, the top speed to expect on our ADSL2+ is 22Mbps, hence 17Mbps was  supposedly considered 'good'.  Funny . . . .I didn't consider 77% was 'good' when at school . . . . and recent study fields had expectations of 80 or 90% for a passing grade. Why would 77% be acceptable for an Internet service?  . . .Let along the current 'best' coming in at under 55%.  (Still . . .I suppose it is way better than the 7% I was experiencing before . . . . when the Internet did actually deign to work that is!)  Would we happily pay the auto mechanic if our car was running at less than 80% of expectations?  Gee . . . .I'd expect over 90% !!

9 hours ago, GVine said:

<snip>

To put that in perspective for those on super-fast Internet, the top speed to expect on our ADSL2+ is 22Mbps, hence 17Mbps was  supposedly considered 'good'.  Funny . . . .I didn't consider 77% was 'good' when at school <snip>

This must be the absolute end all be all 'thought' on ISP 'acceptable' throughput I've read yet. :icon_thumright: