Question about the average and max speeds

guyhoghton

Sorry if this is already explained elsewhere. I've looked all over the site but couldn't find the info.

I've performed several auto tests from the same location over the last 15 months, and I wanted to ask a question about the test results, as follows.

Above the graph, the average and max speeds are given.

Are these metrics taken over the totality of all my tests, or just over the most recent test, or just over the 25 readings displayed in the graph?

This DSL connection has stabilised a lot over the last year, so an average taken over all my tests would be badly skewed by the unstable period.

Many thanks.

When you're looking at Results (the menu link titled "Results"), the average and max shown above the graph show you the results either for a specific Extra Identifier or All identifiers. You choose the identifier with the button at the top of the table below the graph. You are looking at results for that Extra Identifier (or All Identifiers) over the range of days you enter into the box above and to the right of the graph. The Results are then a filtered set for that Identifier over a range of days. You can select how many points are graphed with the Popup button just to the right of the Extra Identifier button.

Thanks for that advice.

Unfortunately I didn't set an identifier with any of the tests. I'll look to do that from now on.

When I choose the 'Export' button above the test results table, it gives a spreadsheet of the results, and this contains a column for "Extra ID". I notice that the tests I've been running so far in April have the Extra ID '60------gb', and all previous tests have an Extra ID of '65------gb'. So it may be possible to select out the old unstable tests using Extra ID although I didn't specifically set it myself. However in the Drop-down list above the results table for identifiers, I see entries like 'Dallas, TX, Office, Location1' etc. but nothing like '60------gb'.