Upload speed inconsistency

Hi,

I've done a basic test of 5 minutes interval x 50 times, 10MB for download/upload data. The result came 4 hours later like this:

testmy_logged_in.png

Download speed are correct at Avg 6.6/ Max 8.6, but the upload is way off at Avg 1.2 / Max 9.6, as up never exceeded 1Mbps.

If I signout, and use the share link https://testmy.net/quickstats/Diffusion%20Fermont I got this:

testmy_logged_out.png

Same download stat, and upload now displayed correctly.

Why?

Christian

5 hours ago, Sparticus said:

The average compiles all of your speed tests taken and gives you a median of those.

EDIT:

Perhaps your answer would have been a little more helpful if you had just indicated to click on this little fella at the bottom of the result table:

hide_tests.png

Don't know if smaller font can be used here... thanks anyway!

---------

I'm not complaining about the average, I'm describing the result inconsistencies between signed in and signed out of the testmy website.

What did you not understand of my OP so I can give more explanation?

Christian

@Diffusion Fermont I do notice you are using more than one IP to access testmy.net

If your at the same location, and getting different IP assigned, there are possibilities that one of the IP's you had before signing up to log results,was used by someone with a different Internet package.

Are you testing from work or something, and then at home as well?