Add local FTP-servers like SUNET

Can you add local FTP/HTTP-servers like Swedish SUNET. That whould be a great source.
This could be done as pointing out the exakt link for the software to download.
Like this file http://ftp.sunet.se/ubuntu/ubuntu/dists/yakkety/Contents-amd64.gz 32MB (just a random example - dont know what it is for really)

So the easy implementation is a text field where you can add a bunch of linkes which it downloads random of them.

Sunset.se 32MB block test

You can now test against .gz file type using TestMercury.net, a TestMy.net tool that allows you to create your own tests from hosted files on the internet.  Hope this helps.

To make the test above I simply pasted the URL into the Mercury Speed Test and hit "Add".  Because of the large size the progress may take time to update, these tests run smoother with < 1MB... but can accept any file size.

This will work with any file type actually.  I've just disabled certain types because some files types could be compressed and cause false readings.  If anyone would like any specific files types opened for testing, simple ask me.

- D

20 hours ago, CA3LE said:

Sunset.se 32MB block test

You can now test against .gz file type using TestMercury.net, a TestMy.net tool that allows you to create your own tests from hosted files on the internet.  Hope this helps.

To make the test above I simply pasted the URL into the Mercury Speed Test and hit "Add".  Because of the large size the progress may take time to update, these tests run smoother with < 1MB... but can accept any file size.

This will work with any file type actually.  I've just disabled certain types because some files types could be compressed and cause false readings.  If anyone would like any specific files types opened for testing, simple ask me.

- D

Works! I did try an ISO-first, but that was Before I read you post carefully.. :)

1 hour ago, udden said:

Works! I did try an ISO-first, but that was Before I read you post carefully.. :)

Sorry, I should have tested the link I posted.  I copy and pasted the re-test link from the results and removed the file size but accidentally left a trailing slash so the I originally posted link was 404.  -- Glad you were able to get it to work despite my bad linking. :-P

3 minutes ago, CA3LE said:

Sorry, I should have tested the link I posted.  I copy and pasted the re-test link from the results and removed the file size but accidentally left a trailing slash so the I originally posted link was 404.  -- Glad you were able to get it to work despite my bad linking. :-P

But isn' t this better for testing then your servers? (Sweden to Germany)

With your servers I get about 80-150 Mbit, but with Sunets HTTP-server I get my full gigabit. Sweden to Sweden Hmm..

Let's first compare apples to apples, do a multithread speed test.  You may be able to achieve higher results that way.

If you can clue me into a fast VPS host in Sweden, 1000 Mbps minimum uplink to the Internet... reasonably priced and including at least 1 TB of transfer.  If I see a host in the area that I like I'll be happy to add a server in Sweden for you.  That way you can compare apples to apples with the default single thread test as well.  TMN's default single thread test is much more telling that a combined multithread effort.  I bet you'll find that your bandwidth in SE and out of SE are two totally different things.