Gigabit support

Assassin5150

Will this site eventually have gigabit support? The reason I ask is because I feel 200mb download file is too small of a download size it completes in 1-2 seconds and 100mb upload file is too small as well. I don't feel that I am getting the best results possible and upload is every where. Either bit shows 200mbps sometimes jumps to gigabit but mostly crashes and says my speed is over the limit.

speed test.jpg

If you're showing 15 Gbps... something isn't working correctly.  You're somehow caching the information, causing the data to not be loaded or not providing enough time between tests.

Looking at your results it seems like you hit the test over and over, without giving much of a pause.  You're like "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!"  Every 5 seconds, and that's the ones that are getting through to show results.  There are commands that are run on your end that clean up and get you ready for the next test.  If you're hammering it like that... you're going to run into issues.

You have many results that I would expect to see from a Gigabit connection.

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=12172016&x=7&l=25&q=Assassin5150

... and yes, 200 MB is small for your connection.  Only takes you two seconds... not really enough time to stretch your legs on that connection.  I have plans to increase the max sizes in the future.  Today, your connection is very rare.  You're still able to see if your performance is lacking by using your own baselines as reference.  If you come back and see 200 Mbps or less... obviously there's an issue because you normally see 700+ using the same test.  Don't get hung up just because it doesn't say "1000 Mbps!" -- that's not always the point.  Compare against your previous best and worst.

On 12/16/2016 at 0:01 PM, Assassin5150 said:

Will this site eventually have gigabit support? The reason I ask is because I feel 200mb download file is too small of a download size it completes in 1-2 seconds and 100mb upload file is too small as well. I don't feel that I am getting the best results possible and upload is every where. Either bit shows 200mbps sometimes jumps to gigabit but mostly crashes and says my speed is over the limit

speed test.jpg

download seems consistent upload is really where it fluctuates. which seems weird because that seems to be the strong point of gigabit even in multithread upload seems to have a higher speed. On speedtest.net 99% of the time my download is around 940mbps and upload is around 980mbs. I think it comes down to the file size on your server only being 100mbps for upload not giving it a chance to get to max speed. I will note I am only paying $80.00 a month for gigabit speeds through AT&T I would expect to see more people switching when service becomes available to them in their area. I bring this up to try and help the site I can set it up to run an auto test for an hour to see how it does. That way there is consistency.