Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
josh123

internet speed tests

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I am new to the forum and have a question about my internet speed. I just had fiber installed to my home by Telus which is in B.C.. I subscribed to internet 150 Mbps download and 150 upload. On speedtest.net I get around 168 Mbps up and down consistently which seems great. So today I did a speed test on this site (testmy.net) and I am only getting 40 Mbps upload and download now. If this is my true speed is there anything I can do about it ? Thanks.

It looks like the  test server you were using during testing was in Dallas, which is a long distance from B.C.  Try using the San Francisco test server - link at top on right side.

I just did the test again using the San Francisco test server. My download is still only 57.9 Mbps. My upload was 105 Mbps. Even on speedtest.net I ran some more tests and the only ones that are matching my 150 service are the servers very close to me. The further servers tested much slower also.

On 2/3/2017 at 6:58 PM, josh123 said:

I just did the test again using the San Francisco test server. My download is still only 57.9 Mbps. My upload was 105 Mbps. Even on speedtest.net I ran some more tests and the only ones that are matching my 150 service are the servers very close to me. The further servers tested much slower also.

I would suggest polling some some of your friends in your local area to see how your speeds compare to theirs - ones that have the high speed 150 up plan.